• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why oils aint oils

natas33

Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
So a guy on a board once got me thinking about how modern massive turbo diesel trucks can withstand so much crap hauling thousands of lbs down the road, and car oils get toasty after a few thousand miles of street driving.

One day I began using Fuchs heavy truck 15w.40 diesel oil in all my cars. The engines have never ran smoother, more powerful, and I swear this stuff doesn't need changing for 15,000+miles in a passenger car engine :laughing6:

Seriously, can they get away with selling the same oil for a rig designed to haul loads making 2000 ft/lbs torque? They only sell what they can get away with.. to a degree.

15w/40 diesel truck oil is the best thing your street or race engine ever had. sure you might lose 10hp versus a thinner weight oil.. but the money you'll save in oil changes, after several years you can buy a new engine :frog:

If an automobile had the same size pan and capacity as a diesel engine, I would expect it to go a long time between oil changes..................................MO

The oils are better just old rotella before they changed the label.. is not 2014 rotella... that was the $hit 5years ago....

If an automobile had the same size pan and capacity as a diesel engine, I would expect it to go a long time between oil changes..................................MO

But.. the diesel oil in the same automobile.. (that was previously using car oil) ..... seems to be lasting much longer

But.. the diesel oil in the same automobile.. (that was previously using car oil) ..... seems to be lasting much longer
I used to run Rottella in my car until they started removing ZDDP from it. Now I use just plain Valvoline 10-40 with a ZDDPlus additive in it. I used Rottella for many years in my trucks. How do you tell how long your oil last? .............................MO

I run Castrol Edge in my vehicles. I change my filter at 5k and oil every 10k. Probably could go even longer.

After using only synthetics once a year and nearly 200,000 miles, my wife's 1991 Plymouth Laser still has honing marks on the cylinder walls and no trace of wear. Then it broke due to a faulty (Contitec) timing belt.

Auto Transport Service
Back