• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield Installation

Ok so it looks like the bead of bedding compound/sealant is between the gasket and body/pinch weld (the whole perimeter) only. So no issues with the glass in the gasket leaks I presume.
Factory was across the bottom and up each side a little bit - somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-6 inches I would guess.

For other in the future…

FSM “sealer cement” shows upper corners as well. Wayne did the whole perimeter and I don’t see why I wouldn’t as well. If it doesn’t impact fitment then it’s kinda a no brainer. Especially if it might help stop leaks as sealers are meant to do. Knowing Chrysler some VP bean counter probably asked “do we have to glue the whole thing? We can save 12 cents a car if we just do it this way”.

IMG_1045.jpeg

The General did that with the wiring on 76 Blazers for taillights . Stones from the drivers side front wheel, cut the wires to the taillights. Worked on that until 1:00 am and left on a trip at 6:00am.

This may be too long and/or boring, but here ya go.
Second windshield I've done.

The windshield in my Roached Runner was shattered from the hot sun sitting out in a field for decades. I was going to drive it as is for the rest of the look of the car. However, it was actually unsafe it was so badly broken. My buddy does vehicle glass. He brought me a brand new reproduction windshield, installed it reusing the factory seal, and installed a rear window that I already had. All for $300.00.

The General did that with the wiring on 76 Blazers for taillights . Stones from the drivers side front wheel, cut the wires to the taillights. Worked on that until 1:00 am and left on a trip at 6:00am.
Umm…huh?

The windshield in my Roached Runner was shattered from the hot sun sitting out in a field for decades. I was going to drive it as is for the rest of the look of the car. However, it was actually unsafe it was so badly broken. My buddy does vehicle glass. He brought me a brand new reproduction windshield, installed it reusing the factory seal, and installed a rear window that I already had. All for $300.00.
Nice to have friends!

This may be too long and/or boring, but here ya go.
Second windshield I've done.

Thanks! This was helpful. Especially seeing how the gasket folds. Love that car! Use those couch cushions for the seats! That plaid is perfect!!! Your so lucky to have such a great tempered helpful and supportive daughter! Says a lot about you!

Ok so it looks like the bead of bedding compound/sealant is between the gasket and body/pinch weld (the whole perimeter) only. So no issues with the glass in the gasket leaks I presume.
I added bedding compound to the lower channel and up the sides about 10". It cleans up fine once the lock strip is tucked in and it bars any moisture from fogging the lower half of the glass.

Auto Transport Service
Back