• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wondering about that Stance Life?

JR_Charger

Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score

Yeah, I feel good about banning these things. We could argue about how much horsepower is too much in a car that also has big brakes and handling upgrades, but there's no arguing about a car that has too little braking and handling.

You want to ruin the Camber on a car, then this is a text book example111 cr8crshr/Bill:screwy::screwy::screwy::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Are you referring to what I call, " Assholemobile" ? What better way to advertise to the surrounding public that you are a complete imbecile, than by ruining a car with that atrocious stupidity.

I agree that they look stupid but the dragster look from the 70s was bad for handling too. Raising the rear 8 inches had a drastic effect on front end alignment.

I agree that they look stupid but the dragster look from the 70s was bad for handling too. Raising the rear 8 inches had a drastic effect on front end alignment.
I lowered the front end on a 67 Coronet all the way down and aired up the air shocks as high as they would go just go see how bad it would be.....and man, it was bad and not in a good way lol. Anyone that went with the stink bug look was imo, not real bright.

I remember in the 70s and early 80s.... trying to get Mom to let me jack up the back end of the Camaro she had...

WE used to tell the dipwad that came into the garage with his *** up in the air with those leaf-spring shackles in back: we'll service your car if you pay us to remove that garbage first.

It defies logic to some hot rodders to leave a car stock. So often, the ride height and stance of most cars as delivered from the factory is quite good.
Most cars will benefit from some negative camber for cornering but these guys are taking it way past "cartoon" level.
My car is low but I can clear a McDonalds Cheeseburger, even one with extra pickles.

00 B 2.JPG

This is what I'm going for -

richard-petty-charger-1972.jpg

But the way things are headed, maybe I should "get real" and build this instead -

mad_max_fury_road_03.jpg

This:

1703364175291.png

....Is an EXCELLENT goal. You gain an aggressive look meant to perform well. The attractive appearance wasn't their goal but instead a great side benefit.

The tall burger they show in their advertisements or the squished burger the way it really comes?
Actually, I'm pretty sure I could even clear a Double Whopper with cheese and extra lettuce.

This:

View attachment 1578401

....Is an EXCELLENT goal. You gain an aggressive look meant to perform well. The attractive appearance wasn't their goal but instead a great side benefit.

They made some heavy modifications to get the front that low though -

KK_Insurance.jpeg

I don't want to cut the fenders, and the suspension itself appears to be entirely custom -

suspension_02.jpeg

They made some heavy modifications to get the front that low though -

View attachment 1578415

I don't want to cut the fenders, and the suspension itself appears to be entirely custom -

View attachment 1578416
In one of his article on cheats, Richard Petty (when still racing mopar) said they put a little plastic cup packed with hard grease up in the area between the adjusting bolt seat and crossmember. This raised the front end enough to be race legal, which was measured before the race began. After a couple of laps, the grease was all squeezed out and the front end was lower.

Look at the Pitman and Idler arms:

1703366894214.png

They effectively lessened the steering ratio by placing the center link mounting points closer to the fulcrum...Sort of a wacky Slow ratio steering setup. I'm guessing that at 180-200 mph, they sure didn't want any steering response to be too fast. There are probably very few OEM components in that car.

Look at the Pitman and Idler arms:

View attachment 1578417
They effectively lessened the steering ratio by placing the center link mounting points closer to the fulcrum...Sort of a wacky Slow ratio steering setup. I'm guessing that at 180-200 mph, they sure didn't want any steering response to be too fast. There are probably very few OEM components in that car.
Yeah I was looking at that... quite the thing.
But I'll throw out that it didn't change the ratio.. if you look at the drivers side, the tierod is still in stock position. So everything else is going to follow that

Fugly *** stance life BS
just another bad trend, really bad idea & styling

kids will be kids too
smart or not

There are some benefits to the "stance". Lots of suspension parts and tires sold due to hangin with the homies plus alignment labor.

Auto Transport Service
Back