• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you buy it?

Agree: The off brand guys want a 68-70 Charger or a 71 Cuda. True Mopar guys will drive anything Chrysler made. That's kind of why I prefer the more obscure stuff I guess.

Wow, lots of input on this. Great feedback guys, thanks. I just sold a 73 Charger and looking for something else to work on/play with for a while. I know how easily parts can add up to thousands in no time. We used to be able to refresh an engine for $1500, now it will be almost double that just in parts and machine work.

My idea for this one, put an engine and trans in it, I have a 383 and a 727, both need rebuilt. Re fresh the interior, seat covers, door panels, whatever it needs to be 100%. Refresh the mechanicals, suspension, steering, brakes, and get the AC working. Replace the vinyl top, then polish out the paint and leave the desert patina. I need to take a good look at the car first. If I think this can be done for well under $20,000 (not including labor) I might be interested. But, even as nice as the body is, this most likely is one of those cars that cant be brought back, and come out even $$ wise, at any price. In the condition I describe, patina'd, it would be a $12000 to $15000 car. Spend another $8000 to $10000 on paint and it is a $25000 car. My guess is, sadly, the numbers wont add up. I would love to save that car, but not at a loss.

Will the K frame need to be changed to go from small block to big block?

Do not have to change k member or use conversion mounts.

Only thing that could make this car a problem is the vinyl top. If you see it's has bubbles under the vinyl. I see top is peeled back so you should have a good idea what's going on.

If it's as rust free as it looks then yes.
If it were anywhere near me, I'd already own it.
I have access to at least 3 66-70 low miles C body 440 donors all w/AC. I could have that thing up and running and sitting in the Carlisle Car Corral for 17K by July.

4 pages later and if that isn't bought by now that would be crazy...

Restorations by Rob LLC

FC4111F5-2A5F-4C43-89D3-DB86444ABE75.png

Is this the owner?

Thing is, if you want a car cause you like the car and will enjoy it, buy it.... if you are buying it as an investment.. don't and let someone else buy it :)
I don't invest in cars. I save them. I put classic cars back on the road without the high dollar cost of full restoration. Many can not do the work themselves that it takes to get a classic road worthy and reliable again, or have the money to have one restored. But they have the love for them same as we do. I have done this to a couple of Mopars now since I retired. I am making money at it, about $2.50 an hour. It is not about the money, it is about saving the car and passing it on for others to enjoy. I can't do it at a loss. I am not rich, I just have the time.

Sounds to me that @azblackhemi knows who owns it, so if @Paul_G is gonna snooze, someone in here is gonna make him lose. :bananaweed:

Can't wait to see whose driveway this ends up in. :steering:
I also know Rob. But I won't bother him over the car if I can't make it work dollar wise.

Classic car restoration is a business who has a unique clientele. The customers are willing and able to spend $100,000 restoring thier favorite car all the while knowing it is only worth $75,000 when completely done.

Who wouldn't want customers like that.

Classic car restoration is a business who has a unique clientele. The customers are willing and able to spend $100,000 restoring thier favorite car all the while knowing it is only worth $75,000 when completely done.
That's every body, paint and restoration shop in North America.

I could probably drive to Arizona and buy that car, tow it here to the rust belt and still make money on it...

Sounds to me that @azblackhemi knows who owns it, so if @Paul_G is gonna snooze, someone in here is gonna make him lose. :bananaweed:

Can't wait to see whose driveway this ends up in. :steering:
That is a ok by me. I am not in love with that particular car, I love all Mopars. If someone here wants to get that one back on the road I will help you purchase it. I know who owns it. If you want to stick it out in a field and let it rot just to say you own it than no. That is what I want to avoid.

Aside from the missing engine and the repaint that's not in the original color (and the wheels) that car looks to be 99% "unmolested".

AWFULLY difficult to find them in that condition anymore.

Any chance either of the people close to the car are planning a trip to FL with a trailer or a rollback?

If it was anywhere in Canada, it would be sold. They are not that clean up here. I personally could have it running for very little as I have spare running engines and transmissions. It certainly doesn't need a new drivetrain. That one needs to be just driven!

Hopefully somebody brings it to this site with their build thread.

I guess that means the OP is not buying it.

Bye bye.

You never know? The auto transport is coming today for the 73 I just finished. It was a rescue, it is going to a new owner in North Carolina. I will have an empty space in the garage that needs to be filled. I have a 69 RR resto mod convertible in the garage right now, another rescue. I am putting a 440 engine with a Procharger in it this week. It wont be for sale till next year. I want to have some fun with it before it goes to it's forever home.

Auto Transport Service
Back