• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB WTB a warmed over 440 from carb to pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam83

Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a mildy used running 440 that has been machined and rebuilt with at least 9:1 compression, and some bowl clean-up and valve seat work in the heads. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 400hp. I have my own 1 7/8" headers and a 3000 stall ptc converter, and my dana 60 has 4.10 gears. Its going in my 71 B body. Im saving up for the build I want, but I want to drive the car this summer and if anyone here is in WA and has a complete running 440 like the one I described please message me. I must be able to see it run. Not looking for a $4-8000 engine with forged guts and aluminum heads, just a warmed up stock 440 thats had some machine work done to increase compression and air flow in the heads. Complete from carb to pan. I DO NOT WANT A BONE STOCK ENGINE.

I'm a ways away but I have a freshened 440 with standard bore stock pistons, moly rings, ported 516 heads with 208/174 valves, Hemi grind cam, titanium retainers on 930 springs. It's on an engine stand....pan of your choice (have a few to chose from). Lifter area painted with Glyptal paint. 10.3-1 compression. Intake not bolted on but the one sitting on it is an Eddy Performer (looks like an RPM but doesn't say it) that's been lightly massaged. 2500 for this puppy. Been bagged and tagged for several years in my engine room.

Thanks for the reply but that is too far for me, and the compression may be an issue with the pump has we have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back