• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yankee Express RestoMod Project

Oh, I must have misread your post.

I have the same fill cap, but when I filled up at the gas station, gas would back flow out of the filler. Guess I need to put in a better vent for the fuel cell to keep that from happening.
I'm only assuming that a vent / return line is needed. Every car I have owned had one. I don't mind having some gas sitting in the fill tube/hose upon fill up. But there needs to be a high point above which fuel will begin to flow back to the tank. That would keep me from running raw gas all over the quarter panel and trunk seal...

I’m just using the vented cap, need to hook up the vent off the fuel cell. Then problem is solved.

Bad- ***- ery in my garage...….

0915181514a.jpg 0915181514b.jpg 0915181514c.jpg 0915181514d.jpg 0915181514e.jpg 0915181515.jpg 0915181515b.jpg 0915181520_HDR.jpg 0915181521.jpg 0915181514.jpg

p13991-z-canyon-dusk-copper-metallic_1.jpg
p52432zp-underhood-black-quart.jpg

The body will be the Canyon Dusk Copper and then there will be two wide panels up either side of the hood in the underhood black with large 440 numbers facing left and right in the body color. Roof will be the black color.

Well, the folks at Sweet Manufacturing sold me a part that was not right. I got a swivel joint that was billed as 5/8 x 36 spline & 3/4 DD but as it turned out the 5/8 side was not big enough. I also have a Borgeson collar that is the same size which slides onto the steering shaft perfectly. I called them up and had them double check my order and to get a few of the same part and measure them. Turns out they were advertising them as a fit for MOPAR shaft but they are like 1/100th to small. Getting a refund. Nice people to deal with though, very responsive and helpful and POLITE. Also learned that I need a specific bolt for the Audi shaft connection. Dealers do not stock it so it's off to the junkyard if I cannot find the one that came off of it. The search continues.....lol.

As you can see the DD shaft is straight off the spline through the firewall and it's left of the steering wheel shaft by a couple of inches....Still need a DD 3/4 x DD 3/4 joint for the middle.

1013181034.jpg 1013181034a.jpg

So after researching a bit and reading old threads I found the right u joint at Summit. 5/8ths x 36 spline Chrysler x 3/4 dd. Borgeson unit. 74 bucks.

Nice, I swear summit has everything
I know, right? I spent time and money fooling around with Sweet Manf. while Summit had it all along. The MOPAR and GM 5/8 x 36 spline shaft diameters are off by around 1/100 of an inch. Gm is smaller.

The Summit joint will let the DD shaft move to the right and hook right into the Audi collar.

I guess my only question now is what about the Audi shaft? it's a telescoping shaft so where do I want the DD shaft to end? At full Audi shaft extension or get a longer DD to reach up to the Audi collar at full telescope towards the steering wheel? or something inbetween?

Bought steering joint, paint, window felts and hinges, valve covers.
Dark-Purple-Metallic-Auto-Paint.jpg

Dark purple metallic. AU single stage

BRG-013468_MQ_xl.jpg

Borgeson 5/8 x 36 spline Chrysler x 3/4 DD

100_2747-jpg.jpg
headers-png.png

Last edited:
Pic of fuel tank, I don’t see it.

Auto Transport Service
Back