• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth Savoy Build

I guess there may be an NOS correct belt out there somewhere but depending how it was stored I would be very concerned about using it.

So during your research was that engine ground attached to engine when it was painted?

1002956-d19ed98effd6d43c249fcb9c2313501c.jpg

I only ask because it was painted with engine on the 426-S. I have documented 2 original 426-S vehicles that had painted ground cables. This one is a 65 Dodge Monaco 4-speed car. And a rare one to boot!

car-010-jpg.jpg

Correction only 1 426-S. This one was a 35,000 miles 64 Dodge Polara 500 convertible 383. Not real easy to see but engine ground cable was painted with engine.

IMG_0063004-1.jpg

I saw an original one for sale on EBay a while ago and copied it from the pictures and discription from the ad like eyelet sizes and length. It did not have any hemi Orange paint on either end. Also took pictures of an original Max Wedge at Carlisle about 3 years ago and it was not painted. So as far as I've found they where not hanging on engine when painted hemi orange

Right! I remember reading that in a few threads back. I was unsure about the 426-S early on so I left it alone until I found those two examples.

20210827_164416.jpg

Got the firewall grommet mounted for Choke cable and attached cable ends to both carburetors and it works great. Also ran the tachometer drive cable through firewall with grommet. Waiting on running the cable up to the tachometer.

IMG_2622.jpg IMG_2623.jpg IMG_2624.jpg IMG_2625.jpg

Your having fun now! Hey Chuck, what finish was your tag bracket originally?

img_1447-jpg.jpg

Yes, Looks to have been black originally. I was curious, mine is as well.

Those look different than mine. Are those MW specific?

Auto Transport Service
Back