• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth Savoy Build

Finally got the TTI exhaust system in. Had to take the muffler to TTI to expand farther inside because the TTI pipes would only go in 1 3/4 inches. After taking them to TTI the pipes would go in the full 3”. After that everything lined up perfectly. Can’t wait to hear what it sounds like.

2DE94F63-1D5D-4C4F-BBF4-993D8F8B34A7.jpeg 4AC6A2D4-CE51-4146-9624-278A9B5C8B0E.jpeg 25C174E8-3D47-4413-A907-0FB2DE1AA12B.jpeg B86D3DFD-622D-4492-97F3-F32283AB6B6D.jpeg A560E163-191B-495F-86D0-BE9068FDD177.jpeg 16D23D5C-8FEF-4E49-B72E-01CCD0F8EAB9.jpeg 1559CDEC-4146-44A0-A242-F7D0920B55E4.jpeg

Go the upper and lower radiator hoses from Kramer’s fit nice then filled the system with distilled water and as I was filling it water started pouring out of weep hole in water pump! That’s a brand new Milodon 16260 water pump. So I had to order another pump, but not another Milodon. Very disappointed with that. Anyways I should have the other one on Thursday from Summit.

0AE99E91-078C-4DD1-935B-B98AF4228BB0.jpeg 887BFB57-62B5-4FD6-B6EF-C959265D80E3.jpeg 8535DF33-F1F5-4E62-908E-2F34853EB113.jpeg 51585D31-206F-4C0C-90CA-9E84120AD8FB.jpeg

The all metal cased tachometer cable I got first was too short to reach the tach. So I got a vintage new stock Stewart Warner tach cable in black, fit perfectly. Also ran the illumination light for the tach and the Stewart Warner gauges to the gauge lights to illuminate when the headlights are on.

Chuck sorry to hear about the water pump. I'm guessing the seal got nicked upon assembly? In any case minor setback. Also, do you know if the upper/lower rad hose part numbers are specific to max wedge or same as all big blocks for year? Look'n great!

Chuck sorry to hear about the water pump. I'm guessing the seal got nicked upon assembly? In any case minor setback. Also, do you know if the upper/lower rad hose part numbers are specific to max wedge or same as all big blocks for year? Look'n great!
Supposedly the ones I got from Kramer’s is reproduction Max Wedge hoses with correct part numbers. So I’m hoping they are

I'll have to call him and see if there's any difference.. Thanks

Got the other water pump today and painted it Race Hemi Orange and got it mounted. This held water that's just poured in not like the Milodon. I like it better because it's more shaped to stock.

IMG_2670.jpg IMG_2671.jpg IMG_2672.jpg IMG_2673.jpg

Also I think I gained a little more clearance for the fan clutch to radiator. Not enough to pass the belt so I'm only installing with one bolt. Will install correctly when I get the belt. I'll pressure test it as well after in. Getting close to starting the engine. Got gas to the carbs where they both give a nice shot of fuel from the accelerator pump. No leaks in fuel system and gas gauge reads properly. Been slow charging the battery to get it to optimum voltage.

IMG_2674.jpg IMG_2675.jpg IMG_2676.jpg IMG_2677.jpg

Chuck are you worried about fan blade deflecting forward and kissing the radiator.

Chuck are you worried about fan blade deflecting forward and kissing the radiator.
Not really worried but cautious about. I’ll monitor it for sure. The radiator is expensive and I don’t want it getting damaged. But I’m definitely keeping an eye on it. It is a fan clutch so it will be under load at slow speeds and stops at idle and less loads at higher speeds and rpm. Only time will tell

I have minimal clearance with my arrangement and it hasn't hit yet. But it's steel not aluminum.

The all metal cased tachometer cable I got first was too short to reach the tach. So I got a vintage new stock Stewart Warner tach cable in black, fit perfectly. Also ran the illumination light for the tach and the Stewart Warner gauges to the gauge lights to illuminate when the headlights are on.

what is the length of the new cable and the length of the too short metal clad cable? i'm looking at going with a mechanical tach

what is the length of the new cable and the length of the too short metal clad cable? i'm looking at going with a mechanical tach
The metal cased one was a Chrysler 300 Tach drive cable and it was 56 inches. If the Tach was mounted on the column or underneath the dash it might have fit but I ran mine up under the dash next to the defrost vent hole so the cable had to make an S turn under the dash so that took up added length. The Stewart Warner Cable is 80 inches long and it is perfect for the route I took. Let me know if you could use the old one

i'm putting the the jones tach on the dash like you, it just looks bad *** there and easy to see. the jones tach takes a different cable end than the sw tach to bad because it does seem harder to find in the longer length, i think these cables were mostly made for the rear mount distributors. if i didn't already have the tach i would buy a sw tach. any leads on a cable would be appreciated

i'm putting the the jones tach on the dash like you, it just looks bad *** there and easy to see. the jones tach takes a different cable end than the sw tach to bad because it does seem harder to find in the longer length, i think these cables were mostly made for the rear mount distributors. if i didn't already have the tach i would buy a sw tach. any leads on a cable would be appreciated
Sure no problem, I would be happy to research one for you and let you know. The end that goes into the Jones Tach is it the same as the speedometer cable going into the back of the speedometer? If it's not do you know what size and style it is? If you can let me know. You are using a Mopar Dual Point Prestolite distributor right? If so the it's the same as mine on the distributor end.

i found a metal clad cable 72 inches for the tang end prestolite and the square female jones end on ebay it was just listed minutes before i hit the buy it know button 160 total. but i learned you wait on this cable and it will be gone.my car is a65 plymouth with a real 64 max wedge motor, not as nice as your car you do meticulous work and it shows

I saw that one on eBay last night, Moroso/Jones Tach cable. The Stewart Tach connection is the same as the Speedometer connect. I think the Moroso and Jones Tachs are the same. See if your speedo cable will connect to the back of the Jones Tach. I think it will

Auto Transport Service
Back