• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner Experimental

RENNUR96

Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Did Plymouth make a experimental rotary engine 1969 Roadrunner for NASCAR but got outlawed before it could be ran? Question to despute a conversation I had with an elder man in his 90's said they built it, I listened but didn't want to offend him so I figured I would ask.

I do not remember them ever experimenting with a rotary especialy in Nascar, why would they they already had the Hemi.

If they did I haven't heard of it. Maybe your 90 year old friend is getting someone confused, with the turbine cars.

Said it's been sitting in a garage for over 30 years door hasn't been touched since his son passed away from the war.

Said it's been sitting in a garage for over 30 years door hasn't been touched since his son passed away from the war.

See if you can get a look at it....plus pictures.

Been working just to get any clues to where, being that I just met the man takes a while to gain trust might take a while but I will keep trying. Who know nothing else maybe its just a roadrunner could be a rare one, still be cool to uncover a car nobody has touched in a long time.

I had a conversation with an old guy in a Super Bee. said his car runs 10's in the quarter.
The car is really beautiful, bone stock, the way he bought it. sometimes you just gotta smile and nod..

I had a conversation with an old guy in a Super Bee. said his car runs 10's in the quarter.
The car is really beautiful, bone stock, the way he bought it. sometimes you just gotta smile and nod..

I've got a "friend" like that and he's not even old.

Back in 1866 Chrysler himself walked up to me and wanted to trade me some chickens for an old train wheel I had laying around said he was gunna chaaaaaaange the world with a new hemi rotary engine yup I took the chickens of course :)

Auto Transport Service
Back