• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Sport Satellite Dream Realized

69SportSat

Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
New to the forum. Life long MOPAR guy, it's genetic. At 13 my father bought me a 69 Sport Satellite. In 1986, as you're all aware, there weren't a host of companies making resto parts. Add to that no internet, no budget, the project was doomed. We sold it after 9 months.

After 27 years, for my 40th B-Day I bought a gem from the desert. She arrived via Intercity Lines back in September 2013. Purchased from the son of the original owner. Car ordered in 68 and took delivery at Lloyd McKee Motors. Lived all 44 years in Albq New Mexico. Big Block, AC, Power Disc Break Car. Factory undercoated, 83,494 orig miles. NO RUST anywhere.

Satellite Side Image_3.jpg

She's currently in West Virginia having the motor gone through, PST Suspension Installed and other odds and ends to make her ready for the Spring.

Cool car, and welcome from west Virginia....

One of my favorite. Love the inset taillights and the grille. Make plans to take it to Carlise in July. You will have a blast.

Welcome to the site :hello2: That is a very cool looking car you have. :headbang:

"Sweet car" congrats.

Nice. I had a 69 SportSat. 318 car, no air. Yours is a beauty. Don't forget the firm feel steering box, I recommend the stage 2. And have PST put the Bilstein shocks on. A great start to making it a pleasure to drive. Need more pics.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for showing us your great looking Satellite.

Great car! what part of MD are you in? There are multiple folks on here from MD.

That looks like a pretty cherry Sport Sat you scored there brother. Welcome to the site

Welcome to the Mopar madness! Looks and sounds like you have a great ride.. enjoy!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I'll post some additional pics in the coming days.

Welcome, with those options and that color you must be one happy camper... Congrats.

Great car! what part of MD are you in? There are multiple folks on here from MD.
Evening. Thanks, love it. I can't wait for Spring. Looking forward to sharing progress, pics, etc.

I'm in Potomac,MD right outside NW D.C.

Auto Transport Service
Back