• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Sport Satellite Dream Realized

Very clean car, you are justifiably proud I can see. I like the idea of your engine rebuild, sounds perfect for cruising.

Your birthday present just keeps getting better. Like someone else said, I just have to keep going back to that pic showing that awesome color/vinyl top combo. Perfect.

Salt Flats arrived yesterday. Had the tires mounted and balanced today. Very excited.

Attachments

• Rim Tires A.jpg
    Rim Tires A.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 336
  • Rim Tires B.jpg
    Rim Tires B.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 334
  • Rim Tires C.jpg
    Rim Tires C.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 336
The progress continues. I drove to the shop in Harper's Ferry and snapped a few more pics. The motor will be in by this weekend and we did a test fit of the new wheels.

Attachments

• Full Paint Motor.jpg
    Full Paint Motor.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 312
  • Rear Wheel Test Fit 2.jpg
    Rear Wheel Test Fit 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 305
Thanks. Due to the fact that I was only able to drive it around our neighborhood once or twice before sending it to the shop, I'm crawling the walls in anticipation!

Just so long as nobody thinks you're a giant spider. Wheels look good on the car.

Very nice. My first new car was a 69 Sport Satellite 383 auto, console, A/C, white with black vinyl top & black bucket interior, etc. Special ordered it when in college from a dealer in KS. It too was a great car and the one I would most like to get back. In the seven years I owned it I never saw another, so take good care of it.

Agreed, that is one nice car and I like the wheel choice. Looking giood

Hi there, from Annapolis, MD. Absolutely beautiful car. I love the color, the wood grain interior, the big block and so on. Just a great car all the way around. I'm building a 69 Dodge Superbee (thread under the resto tab) Hemi Orange, white tail stripe, white interior as the build sheet states. I hope to see your car in person at Marley Station in Glen Burnie this Spring of Summer. There are typically 300 cars.

Thanks for the comments on my wheel choice. I was going to go another direction but love the fact that they look like a period correct modification. The motor is in and the break-in should be done by now. I'm hopeful the shakedown run(s) will be complete so that with weather permitting I'll be able to pick her up next Sunday.

I'm in Potomac, MD so it's a 50 mile ride home so I'm looking forward to a great home-coming trip.

Attachments

• Motor In.jpg
    Motor In.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 230
Thanks for the comments on my wheel choice. I was going to go another direction but love the fact that they look like a period correct modification. The motor is in and the break-in should be done by now. I'm hopeful the shakedown run(s) will be complete so that with weather permitting I'll be able to pick her up next Sunday.

I'm in Potomac, MD so it's a 50 mile ride home so I'm looking forward to a great home-coming trip.

Looks awesome SportSat

Sure looks good in there and I bet you can't wait for the trip, hopefully no gremlins pop up. Good luck

Enjoy the ride back home, i bet you get a few of the thumbs up!

Auto Transport Service
Back