• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Cuda What say you?

Coyote with a roadrunner

Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
Ok, I am now addicted to restoration. We are finishing up our 69 RR and will have some pics soon. I have the opportunity to buy a 1970 Cuda roller. It looks like it will need quarters, and then a complete resto. I am working on the guy and am around 5 grand for the roller. The original fender tag is not a hemi, but he has 1 69 426 hemi block, and 1 69 complete 426 hemi that will need o be overhauled. The price for the block is 2 grand and the price for the complete motor is 6 grand. I have always loved these cars and to have one, even an incorrect motor per the fender tag, but a hemi would be cool. What say you? Too many clams, or in the ball park? Thanks as I value your opinions.

Having done one I can tell you that an E body is the most expensive to restore (not considering a "D" body which there are NO parts for) If you decide to jump in, just be aware it will cost more than the runner.

If you can do all the work yourself, I'd say jump in and do it as a Hemi......I know the market is down a bit, BUT that's a good deal if the rust is not outrageous............:yes:

When you're done, the payback will be higher than a B in most cases.

I am going to start by buying the block right now. I would love to buy the roller now, but I have some money to spend on the Road Runner yet and my wife has been very patience with all the car work I have been doing and all the money I have been spending. The Cuda will be done with a Shaker Hood. The gears in my brain are turning and I am getting excited. The Cuda project will be slower because I will have the road runner done from start to finish within a year and a half. I don't want to spend that much money in that short of a time frame again. The RR is a family heirloom, but I think the Hemi Cuda will be even cooler.

Auto Transport Service
Back