• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner Build

Looks great! This is the fun part when you work to install clean, nice parts and start seeing it all come back together.

Keep up the good work!

Hawk

Looks great! This is the fun part when you work to install clean, nice parts and start seeing it all come back together.

Keep up the good work!

Hawk

Thanks.......I hope to have it on road by the end of Spring. Also have a 65 fastback Mustang going at the same time which is kind of driving me crazy. I got engine back from shop today. Had them break it in and dyno before putting it in car for mock up.

I guess it's ok to post Ford stuff in your own build thread :lol:

engine.JPG engine1.jpg engine3.jpg

Last edited:
Who said it was “ok” to do that? Lol!

Engine does look nice.

Received my hood latch and safety catch back today from Stephan at S.F Restoration in Canada. Great service. Hood hinges back on car.

4D133CC6-9FB9-43E8-AAFA-E2997E5416B4.jpeg Polished5.jpeg

Last edited:
Covering up new paint with Dynamat.....sometimes I wonder why I do the things I do. Hopefully it really does make it a bit quieter.

15DB09EC-C694-4C48-AC39-8F3A9D830BA7.jpeg CE5D43D3-A9E5-49BC-9B03-E920B27C74C3.jpeg 52A55FF1-F1AD-4924-9D1C-7626892C52E7.jpeg

Man, when you do a build update you don't just mess around - lots of progress!!!

Finally getting to unbox some restored stuff and install.
In my opinion, this is where it gets really fun. There is lots of work to restore various components and then they sit on a shelf. But when you get a chance to start bolting those parts on the car, THEN it gets really cool and you see significant progress.

Keep up the good work - car looks great!

Hawk

Man, when you do a build update you don't just mess around - lots of progress!!!

In my opinion, this is where it gets really fun. There is lots of work to restore various components and then they sit on a shelf. But when you get a chance to start bolting those parts on the car, THEN it gets really cool and you see significant progress.

Keep up the good work - car looks great!

Hawk
Thanks Hawk.....how is your refresh project going??

Letting headliner relax a few days before install then plan on getting the glass installed. Hoping the ECS glass fits good. Anyone on here used ECS on their restoration??

99157184-BACF-49F5-970B-7FD3044E8972.jpeg

Thanks Hawk.....how is your refresh project going??

Thanks, it's going OK, but slower than I wanted (of course). Work continues to be a PITA and sucks up a lot of my time. Almost ready to attach the tranny and put it back in the car to make it a roller - there is still a lot left to do though. Below is my latest progress, although I have also now installed the distributor and set it according to the fuel injection instructions.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/hawk-rod-the-tune-up.183169/page-3#post-911502740

It’s bee-utiful, simply bee-utiful!

WOW what a beautiful road runner. love'em in orange.

Auto Transport Service
Back