• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner Build

Headliner going in beautifully.

rr28.jpg rr30.jpg rr17.jpg rr18.jpg headliner.JPG headliner1.JPG headliner2.JPG

Decided to go with a 26" radiator so had to order a replacement panel to convert to a 26" radiator support. Slight oversight, but test fit and ready to weld in. Glen-Ray Radiators are truly a piece of art.

rr12.jpg rr14.jpg

Got trunk latch assembly and trunk seal installed. Starting install of the taillight and rear wiring harness.

rr21.jpg rr26.jpg rr22.jpg rr25.jpg rr27.jpg

Beautiful work, it’s going to be stunning when it’s done, that’s for sure!

I restored an EK2/FK5 70 Bird 1988-1990...built Sep 69 & sold new in my hometown at Russel Motor Company. The only options were the High Impact EK2, Trunk traverse reflective stripe, Hood Pins, N96 Air Grabber, & the Sport Faux wood wheel...The headrest are absent in photos because no one was reproducing the Mylar trim on them so I just left them off. No one seemed to notice back then, today different story! This car ruined all other colors for a 70 RR for me until this day! Your build takes me back! Great work!

thumbnail (42).jpg thumbnail (43).jpg thumbnail (44).jpg thumbnail (45).jpg

Nice car and love the picture with the twin engine in the background. My car has all the same options as yours except the wood wheel. This car also has the V21 hood treatment option. It may be in the build thread, but this car was built Sept 1969 in St. Louis

My car came factory with the full hubcaps with Plymouth division in center...I liked the look of the new for 70 rally wheels so on they went. Either I didn't realize it or just didn't care but those dark argent centers were wrong for 70 of course. Should have been light argent. Actually I think those were NOS so I used them. First & last car I ever painted....

If I remember correctly there were less coupes than hardtops built

Nice progress and great work going on here!
Any particular reason why you didn't fit any dynamat on the rear wheel wells?

Nice progress and great work going on here!
Any particular reason why you didn't fit any dynamat on the rear wheel wells?

I have more Dynamat for the wheel wells, behind rear interior panels and behind the front door panels. Also will be laying some Dynaliner on top of the Dynamat before carpet install.

Auto Transport Service
Back