• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 charger se

so I got some bits on the car the rear end is done rear valence and bumper are on. got to put on the first part I bought for the car, the new trunk lock! put on my new door handles and hood pins it all looks awesome on that dark paint. pics soon.

here are a couple more pics 001.jpg003.jpg005.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

at the start I really wanted to use the hood blackout now I am not sure because the hood looks so good! any thoughts?

Honestly.......I like it the way it is. Man, you don't mess around. She's coming back together quick!

ETA for hitting the streets?

well i have to get my guy over to put in the headliner which i don't really want to try myself and he is a pro. after that two or three weeks and i will be driving it. i got the front bumper and the grills on last night it looks great pics soon.

I agree, I would leave the hood like it is. You can always add the blackout later if you want to.

awsome.jpgnice.jpgoh yeah.jpgsmokin!.jpg so there we are at the moment next is the trim and interior then it is off to wheel alignment and cruising! I think the hood will stay brown for now

- - - Updated - - -

once the interior is in it will sit just a touch lower how do you guy's find the stance?

Last edited:
I think the stance looks perfect IMHO. And your car is a beauty.

I have been waighting quietly and patiently for this car to be finished. looks awsome!! stance is perfect, any higher and it looks to 80s high school in my opinion. i also like the front grill, its different than the 73. wondering if you are going to put the rear and front bumper stoppers on? I prefer them on but it looks good without them also(mabe even meaner) anyways great job and enjoy your beautiful new ride, coolest car in the world in my opinion.

Love the 71 grill and the Mexican hats on the rally wheels. So much better than the stock grill and acorn caps IMO. Wheel trim, front spoiler and rear wing would really set that car off I think. Stance is good too. You will find it will settle a bit yet and even get better. Mine is almost perfect now I think! Great looking car man. Thx for sharing.
0924_zpse0dd5367.jpg

thanks a lot guy's, got my new sideview mirror yesterday looks nice! I will add the front spoiler this summer sometime not sure about the wheel lip mouldings yet, I was sure before paint but I kinda like it without them at the moment. headliner goes in on Tuesday night then I can install the rest of the new interior. pics when done.

I gotta say...that is a smokin' hot lookin car!

..and done in record time.

I'm not a big fan of wheel lip moldings either.
IMO, they kinda detract from the cars body lines...and they trap leaves and stuff.

That car also has a kind of integrated spoiler on the trunk lid.
Winw optional... but chin spolier...+++

Thought about hidden headlights?

I actually like the 73/74 grille...esp with red horizontal bar.

...and I like the 73/74 tail lights..most under-rated tail lights ever IMO.
(I'd love to see them sequential)

I am keeping the taillights for sure and I have a mint set of redone 73-4 se grills gut I liked the 71 grills better, I found the 73-74 grills to busy. I have a chance to buy a set of hideaway's but I want to get a good look at them first, I have always been partial to them. the front spoiler is going on for sure over the winter.

True beauty! Well done. I like it without the wheel moldings, the color draws enough attention.

so the headliner work started last night and will be done tonight. he wanted to take it back to his shop to do some tweaking on it. while he was here he put in the insulation and installed my drip rail trim he is an artist it was amazing to watch him do it! almost no force at all just a tap here and a twist there and on it went. he has been doing this a long time! not much beats experience! tonight he will do the rest of the headliner and put on my charger emblems why not have the pro do it while he is here right?

Awesome Charger bud! You did a top notch job on her!!

Well charger360, I am glad you got stuff done, because once I started reading this post this morning I have got nothing done, lol I think your car is very sweet looking and love the hood as is. I can not believe how fast you got her done, and hope you enjoy the rd trip this summer with her, I am pump on getting my 72 charger started this summer and hope to ride her next. Well it was a pleasure reading your whole post and keep us post, thanks again love it.......................

got a message from home, the mailman has been to my house and left a box. joy joy joy!

well I got my antenna finally! I think I am about done! all that's left to do is put on one seat back and finish my collector car insurance application! here are some final pic's sorry it is a bit dirty after thelant1 007.jpglant1 006.jpglant1 004.jpglant1 009.jpglant1 010.jpg last thrash to get things done.

Auto Transport Service
Back