• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

295 vs 275 Tires

hello,
what BS is this? 5.25?
Those Keystones I had made for a 69 Charger I sold a couple of years ago. Their backspace is 5 1/8" and 5 5/16". I got lucky and they fit the Plymouth. Just had a pair of Cragars made for my 69 Bee and went with 5 3/8" on both sides. Every car is different back there, and Plymouth's generally are tighter than Dodge's for getting 10" rims to fit.

Those Keystones I had made for a 69 Charger I sold a couple of years ago. Their backspace is 5 1/8" and 5 5/16". I got lucky and they fit the Plymouth. Just had a pair of Cragars made for my 69 Bee and went with 5 3/8" on both sides. Every car is different back there, and Plymouth's generally are tighter than Dodge's for getting 10" rims to fit.
ok, thanks.
do you think a 15x10 with 5.25 backspacing would fit? or do you reckon it'd hit the fender lip?

ok, thanks.
do you think a 15x10 with 5.25 backspacing would fit? or do you reckon it'd hit the fender lip?
I would think you would be ok. Have to measure your car to be sure though. On my RR with those Keystones, I tried 295/50's for awhile. Had to be careful because one side would rub on the inner wheel well at times. With 275/60's I have not had any rubbing issues. There is more room in a B-body Dodge, probably because of the way the quarters are made.

Large X Huge... let the mini tubbin' begin. Everything else is just the "before" picture.Lol.
Large X Huge...:thumbsup:
I like it!! :bananadance:
Yeah, I am truly fortunate that the standard backspacing of 5" on my 9" aluminum Rallye wheels and factory rear wheelwells fit such a wide tire as 315/35/17...That satiates my desire for REALLY wide tires, for now.
It's going to be tough for me not to mini-tub, but one factor is I'd have to have wider wheels, and I have a lot of calls/emails to make, and probably some serious $$$ to put out to get the aluminum Rallye wheels widened, but that is what I'd really like to do.
Otherwise I'll have to find another style I really like, in the width and diameter I need, and they are few and far between.

I would think you would be ok. Have to measure your car to be sure though. On my RR with those Keystones, I tried 295/50's for awhile. Had to be careful because one side would rub on the inner wheel well at times. With 275/60's I have not had any rubbing issues. There is more room in a B-body Dodge, probably because of the way the quarters are made.
ok thanks..
i've just found a 15x9 with 5BS which i think should work.

ok, so i've decided to go 275/60r15 on a 15x8 +0ET 4.5"BS at the rear.....now what do i do at the front??

i'm thinking 15x7 4BS +0ET with 235/60r15??

does this work?

ok, so i've decided to go 275/60r15 on a 15x8 +0ET 4.5"BS at the rear.....now what do i do at the front??

i'm thinking 15x7 4BS +0ET with 235/60r15??

does this work?
225/70/15's will match up better with the 275's in the rear. Fairly common combination.

225/70/15's will match up better with the 275's in the rear. Fairly common combination.
ok, thanks.
i feel like this wont give much rake, the 225/70 is a pretty tall tire....i didnt know a 27.5in tire would fit in the front....or was that meant to be 225/60?

ideally, what is the right amount of Rake? and how do you work it out....say 28in in the back and 25.6 in the front, this would be 2.4" of forward rake (275/60 and 225/60) is this too much????..

the 275/60 and 235/60 would be 1.9in of rake......if i go 215/70 this would be 1.1in....(this is fairly skinny though)

I ran 235/70x15 T/As on 15x6 mopar steelies on the front of my runner, with 275/60s on the back. The 235s fit great on my runner, not so good when i had them on my 62. They rubbed on the header on one side.

Hello All
I've just purchased a RoadRunner See below garage link, and i'm wanting to change the wheels and tires for a better stance.
i just cant make up my mind on 295/50r15 on 10in wheels or 275/60r15 on 8in wheels for the back....

can anyone please persuade me one way or the other?

Fat vs tall...that is the question.
obviously fat looks good, however tall will fill the fenders and lift the back up a bit which i like.

Arghh....once i have this sorted, i then need to pick my wheels. which are either Mag 500's or Black steelies which i think i think i've already made up my mind on...

Garage link below:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showcase/brendans-roadrunner.5444/

Cmon, please persuade me :) :)
If you go with the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR 28x12/R15 you will get the best of both. A 28 inch tall tire (like the 275) and a 12 inch wide tire (like the 295).
https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/street-tires/sportsman-s-r

just had a look and the 225/70 is not available, only a 225/60, so i'm thinking this was a typo?
Not a typo. 275/60/15 on the rear and 225/70/15 on the front is a very popular combo. Easily gives you 1.5" of rake. Some even run 235/70/15's on the front. All depends on the look you are going for. I for one can't stand short tires on the front with a gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender lip....

Not a typo. 275/60/15 on the rear and 225/70/15 on the front is a very popular combo. Easily gives you 1.5" of rake. Some even run 235/70/15's on the front. All depends on the look you are going for. I for one can't stand short tires on the front with a gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender lip....

Ok, interesting, you say 1.5 rake but its only .5in according to my calculation....

I cant seem to see that available here in Australia....which isnt surprising.

I also dont like a gap in fender well however i just want to ensure it has a mean look...which id think you need some rake at least

I put 275/60/15 on the back of my old GTX look nice and hooked up pretty good..think I had 225/70/15 front

FB_IMG_1504818028334.jpg

Ok, interesting, you say 1.5 rake but its only .5in according to my calculation....

I cant seem to see that available here in Australia....which isnt surprising.

I also dont like a gap in fender well however i just want to ensure it has a mean look...which id think you need some rake at least
Yes, the tire height difference is about 1/2". With the Hemi or HD leaf springs, it will have a nice rake.

IMO....
I have 275 x 60 x 15" on all four corners on Mopar Rally wheels 7" wide x 15" dia with the Hemi springs and std HD torsion bars set at max ride height (FSM) results in no rake, which is what I prefer. See the photo garage for a profile view.
BOB RENTON

This is exactly what is on Fred (my GTX). Natural rake without too much stress on the front end.

This is exactly what is on Fred (my GTX). Natural rake without too much stress on the front end.

Ok, i like your stance........but we can't get that size in the BFG tires in Australia...no idea why not....
Would it be bad to go shorter? like a 215/70 or a 235/60...

Auto Transport Service
Back