• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 street wedge

dodge coronet 5 013.jpgHello All,The 426 street wedge engine is together and waiting for dyno on Dec 9. I have been devoting all my time in puting this engine together and gathering more parts.Theres been another change I decided to put air condition so I had to find an air dash.We tested everything with a vaccum pump and few adjustments the original air seems to work.The windshield won't go in until everything is tested with the system charged.I hoping the engine will be in the car shortly after it comes from the dyno.Here a few picdodge coronet 5 006.jpgdodge coronet 5 008.jpgdodge coronet 5 011.jpgdodge coronet 5 012.jpg[ATTACH

Attachments

• dodge coronet 5 003.jpg
    dodge coronet 5 003.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 640
  • dodge coronet 5 014.jpg
    dodge coronet 5 014.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 641
  • dodge coronet 5 015.jpg
    dodge coronet 5 015.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:
Looking good, Dave - keep up the good work!

:eek: There's no known shortage of rough bastards out there... I'm sure you'll make it a whole lot nicer when you're done with it..

Thats what I thought when I saw mine . I guess it's factory. Also notice the white block above the frame section under the hump. It's a thick foam piece glued to the hump. Great work by the wayimage.jpg

Somehow I have overlooked your build until now and I have to say it has been a very interesting one to date. Good luck and keep the updates coming. :headbang:

Hello All,Today we re- dyed the door panels to spruce them up a little and got the rear panels installed. I got the dye from Herbs seems to be good stuff.The carpet was also installed as well as the rear seat.Starting to look like a car again.I can't wait untill tuesday to dyno the engine.

Attachments

• back seat 008.jpg
    back seat 008.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 525
  • back seat 005.jpg
    back seat 005.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 517
  • back seat 003.jpg
    back seat 003.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 534
Hello All, Here is my Dyno results.I had a blast today.

Attachments

• CCF12092014_00000.jpg
    CCF12092014_00000.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,171
  • CCF12092014_00001.jpg
    CCF12092014_00001.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,072
Awesome job on the Coronet! That 426 is a torque monster so make sure you got an extra set
of tires.

Well I got some more things done.I have plans on installing the engine, trans, and headers friday I forgot to mention the stock bell housing degree in at .010 run out not bad for a machined bell to fit the larger collar for the 18 spline.Things are finally going my way

Attachments

• doors 008.jpg
    doors 008.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 353
  • doors 012.jpg
    doors 012.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 372
  • doors 014.jpg
    doors 014.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 356
  • doors 015.jpg
    doors 015.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 367
Very nice numbers. She is looking real good ! Ron

Hello All,The engine is in.Mike Hostler has a general garage here in Bellwood and a good friend.He offered to let me install the engine,trans and headers in his bay with a lift hows that for a friend.Bill Coady is another friend with a roll back so the tow was also offered.The engine motor mounts were a problem at first. I didn't know what was what since the came with out an engine.A couple of phone calls and Bill Overcash was able answer a few Question about the mounts. Mike Hostler,Bill Coady,and I got everything in.Mike Hostler said to me why dont you do everything underneath the car tomorrow that you can so he gave me a key.The e-brake and a lot of little things were done today what a big help. Bill Overcash came down to the garage also.Bruce Dunlap and his son Alex was also there for a hand if we needed it.I am so blessed with so many good close friends.Dave L

Attachments

• engine in 002.jpg
    engine in 002.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 327
  • engine in 003.jpg
    engine in 003.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 316
  • engine in 005.jpg
    engine in 005.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 311
  • engine in 006.jpg
    engine in 006.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 325
  • engine in 004.jpg
    engine in 004.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Wow Dave that looks great.......no better feeling than seeing everything finally coming together..........jay

Your car looks awesome Dave! Your going to have to put your friends on your Christmas list this year! How are your headers fitting? I have some Hedmans that required some dimpling for spark plug and starter clearance. Hopefully yours are better! Please post some pics of your exhaust system when its in. Keep up the good work!

Hello All,I was asked about the header fitment.I have a set of Dougs 2" primaries and the left side fit good a little tight but its in there, and the right side had some problems had to dimple one of the tubes for torsion bar clearance and also a little too close to the shock tower.I was talking to Bill and we think it maybe the eldelbroks heads that made them a little tight.Other than that I'm happy.I got a few more things done today I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Dave L

Auto Transport Service
Back