• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

499 Dyno Results

jusglazin

Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Finally got to run my Stroker on the Dyno today. Very happy with the results.

4.375 bore
Molnar 4.15 crank
Ross flat top Pistons
Total seal rings
7.1 K1 rods
Indy Ez heads ported to max wedge size
Indy dual plane intakenportednto max wedge
Comp extreme energy 274 solid roller
Mancini 1.6 rockers
Holley 950 HP carb.

Made 639 HP and 628 TQ. Torque is over 600ft lbs from 3000 rpm up.
20220915_081455.jpg
20220818_132941.jpg

Very nice. Now you get to upgrade your car to deal with the power if you haven't already. 18 spline trans, dual disc clutch. 3 inch driveshaft with Spicer joints and loop, Dana or Strange 60, frame connectors....

Nice. After you get it done, put it on a chassis dyno and see your driveline losses, I'd be really curious to know.
Should be a handful on the street won't need much gear. Lol.

Nice. After you get it done, put it on a chassis dyno and see your driveline losses, I'd be really curious to know.
Should be a handful on the street won't need much gear. Lol.
Sticking with the trusty 3 23's. No need for more.

Very nice. Now you get to upgrade your car to deal with the power if you haven't already. 18 spline trans, dual disc clutch. 3 inch driveshaft with Spicer joints and loop, Dana or Strange 60, frame connectors....
Yeah one thing leads to another... never ends.

Might be time for 2.76s. Gives you a little more meat on the ring gear to deal with the power. Should pull it with ease.

Looking for a Dana at a reasonable price. I might also sell my complete 23 spline 4 speed setup to help fund a swap to a TKX. The search continues.

Jusglazin, im in Tampa looking for a good engine builder. If you dont mind me asking, who built your engine? Nice build

Jusglazin, im in Tampa looking for a good engine builder. If you dont mind me asking, who built your engine? Nice build
Hpengines.net abalanced and ssembled the short block. I did the rest myself, broke it in on my run stand and then took it to a local dyno shop to see the results. Quite pleased with it.

Finally got to run my Stroker on the Dyno today. Very happy with the results.

4.375 bore
Molnar 4.15 crank
Ross flat top Pistons
Total seal rings
7.1 K1 rods
Indy Ez heads ported to max wedge size
Indy dual plane intakenportednto max wedge
Comp extreme energy 274 solid roller
Mancini 1.6 rockers
Holley 950 HP carb.

Made 639 HP and 628 TQ. Torque is over 600ft lbs from 3000 rpm up.View attachment 1343363View attachment 1343364
Did you end up with any kind of quench? Did you measure the actual compression ratio and test the cranking compression by chance?

Did you end up with any kind of quench? Did you measure the actual compression ratio and test the cranking compression by chance?
Yes, cranking compression is 165Lbs. Static Compression is dead on 10.2. With .039 cometic gasket. Chambers on heads opened up to 82cc. It was decked but the pistons are not at deck height for Zero, cant remember exactly how much they are in the hole. I thought using the 7.1 inch rods was going to be a problem but it all worked out. The pistons are Ross for a 3.75 inch crank 400 to 451 stroker. Quench is OVERRATED.....Hope this helps!

Jusglazin
Hpengines.net abalanced and ssembled the short block. I did the rest myself, broke it in on my run stand and then took it to a local dyno shop to see the results. Quite pleased with it.
Awesome! Thanks for the info on your engine shop for your shortblock in NC.

WHERE'S THE DANG VIDEO!?!?
Oops, didn't mean to yell. :)

BMSC is brake mean specific consumption in lb fuel/hp/hr, best in your motor at the opening value of 3000rpm.

Yes, cranking compression is 165Lbs. Static Compression is dead on 10.2. With .039 cometic gasket. Chambers on heads opened up to 82cc. It was decked but the pistons are not at deck height for Zero, cant remember exactly how much they are in the hole. I thought using the 7.1 inch rods was going to be a problem but it all worked out. The pistons are Ross for a 3.75 inch crank 400 to 451 stroker. Quench is OVERRATED.....Hope this helps!
Thanks. I have a 493 based 400 now, and am thinking of having another one of those or a 512 built for another car. Sure wish I knew more about motor stuff to put one together myself like you did.

Thanks. I have a 493 based 400 now, and am thinking of having another one of those or a 512 built for another car. Sure wish I knew more about motor stuff to put one together myself like you did.
Trial and error + Money will get you there. This was built with a collection of parts I gathered over time. Cant seem to get anything you want/ need anymore. I wasnt sure how this would work out. I wanted a larger cam but settled on this because it was what I could find along with everything else. Trick flow heads are what I wanted but those were still on back order. Was going to use one of the 440 source kits but they were out of stock. Indy had heads to me in 6 weeks. Found the crank and pistons on facebook. Gather what you can find and experiment.

Auto Transport Service
Back