• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

499 Dyno Results

Nice build

And a nice looking dyno operation too.

What size headers were used for the testing?

That is awesome numbers, I like the head and cam choice. I used comp's xs290s which is a mechanical solid.. your roller profile gets better lift with less duration at 0.050. I got 600/625lbft on engine dyno with 499ci and TF240 but had to use a 1.7 rocker to get there (0.600 lift). the roller should be better street manners, but to be honest the solid flat is pretty good on the street it gets about 11-12" vacuum which is fine for me. I would recommend 3.23-3.55 gears, I think 2.76 wouldnt be as fun even with a stroker. I have 3.23 on it for highway cruising now but also have a set of 3.55 and I prefer those.

That is awesome numbers, I like the head and cam choice. I used comp's xs290s which is a mechanical solid.. your roller profile gets better lift with less duration at 0.050. I got 600/625lbft on engine dyno with 499ci and TF240 but had to use a 1.7 rocker to get there (0.600 lift). the roller should be better street manners, but to be honest the solid flat is pretty good on the street it gets about 11-12" vacuum which is fine for me. I would recommend 3.23-3.55 gears, I think 2.76 wouldnt be as fun even with a stroker. I have 3.23 on it for highway cruising now but also have a set of 3.55 and I prefer those.
What trans and rearend are you running?

727 with 2800 stall. 8 3/4 rear. I have thought about switching to a tighter converter with the stroker.

Auto Transport Service
Back