• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

And on the quarter window interior felt, I believe they are stapled to the removable interior panel.

And a +1 to the Mopar vent window channel pieces. They are thin and fragile and the new plastic inserts can bind. Also a good idea to have 2 people when installing the door glass into the channel.
I bought my vent window felt from Year One, holy cow were they tight! Clean, clean, clean the channel before installing them.

BIG THANKS TO YOU GUYS. I don't know why I was thinking there was also a felt that attached in the channel, DUH. I thought my old 70 rr had felt in the channel. I actually have what's left of the original plastic/mylar/felt slider still on the window. I will order new ones tonight.

20180322_213431_resized.jpg

Agreed. However, order the window run channel from and Dealership. They cost a little more but you won't buy them twice like I did... first set came from a rest parts supplier and did not work at all. Wrong profile, way too tight, and after a couple operations of the window they disintegrated. Order genuine mopar 2932230.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-w-strip-pkg-qtr-wdo-slide-pin~2932230.html
Is that price $53.07 for one or a set? I assume so. $122 for 2 w/shipping, THAT'S INSANE,, For a 2 ft piece of plastic,.What the heck? That is the biggest rip-off out of everything I've bought for this car, and I've bought a lot. And that was the best price I could find. Oh well, they'll be here next week.

Last edited:
That's for one lol. So be careful when installing it! I got my pair from Parts Mix ($105) and they were snug, clean the channel very well and use a dry lube.

Oh well, they'll be here next week.
Don't be so sure on that. I googled around last night and found that most every Mopar dealer is "out of stock" because the resellers have bought out all the OEM stuff. Cheapest I found last night was $68US each and with shipping and BS a pair is costing me $260 CDN to Ontario. Nuts... considering I already have 2 sets of the repros here to use, but I'm not interested in the fight to do so. One repro set will be cut for my pop out windows and in the end I'll have a set to resell for someone doing the same.

Don't be so sure on that. I googled around last night and found that most every Mopar dealer is "out of stock" because the resellers have bought out all the OEM stuff. Cheapest I found last night was $68US each and with shipping and BS a pair is costing me $260 CDN to Ontario. Nuts... considering I already have 2 sets of the repros here to use, but I'm not interested in the fight to do so. One repro set will be cut for my pop out windows and in the end I'll have a set to resell for someone doing the same.
You had me worried but got a message today saying they were shipped, I hope so.. I was starting to feel good about reinstalling the windows, figuring out how they go back together. That stupid part is holding up my work. I'm getting tired of laying all the parts out on my bench then realize I need something that stops the job, then put all the parts back in the spares storage room.

Last edited:
Sorry.. my brain read they'll "still be THERE next week" as if you weren't in a hurry to order at that price. Glad you got them, let us know how they work out. Take pictures!

You had me worried but got a message today saying they were shipped, I hope so.. I was starting to feel good about reinstalling the windows, figuring out how they go back together. That stupid part is holding up my work. I'm getting tired of laying all the parts out on my bench then realize I need something that stops the job, then put all the parts back in the spares storage room.
I keep doing that same thing, Getting out my parts, finding that I still need something else before I can do what I wanted, and then packing them all back. I did it again today.

I got the "more valuable than gold" mylar/plastic/felt coated channel slide/seals today, that was quick. And got the one on, but now I notice that the window regulator is worn out and has some busted teeth on the pinion gear, so I guess now I need to get a new one of those. Where's the best deal on window regulators?

20180326_203010.jpg

I found this new one from The Mopar Shop for $116, not many companies selling them apparently.
download.jpg

Last edited:
My car was missing the driver side regulator. I bought one off of eBay for a lot less, that was in good condition. I cleaned it up and re-painted it.
Less work and faster to buy a new one though.

I used dry graphite with success. The felt strips are straight and the window glass is slightly curved which doesn’t help so I also used a heat gun once they were installed to help shape them.

I used dry graphite with success. The felt strips are straight and the window glass is slightly curved which doesn’t help so I also used a heat gun once they were installed to help shape them.
That is why the NOS or early new versions of the felts are highly sought after and have a crazy price because they are curved and correct dimensions....The new ones are a PITA.....

It is sad these items are commonly replaced on restorations and they produce junk....

The ones that I got are curved fortunately, and I will be lubing them with something for sure. I did have to cut them to length tho and used a hot solder pencil to melt the holes, as someone here suggested, which worked great, along with a little deburr dremeling to clean them up...
And Justin, lol, I've studied the window install posts on your thread intensely, and even have most all of your pics from pages 40-44 or so copied to my desktop (along with a few other guys pics also) for quick reference while working on mine...
I also ordered a new regulator from Classic Ind.,$144 w/shipping&tax, so maybe I'll have a window in this weekend...

Last edited:
Make sure to either use your original plastic pins to hold the felts on or sand down the new ones a bit.....The news ones are very tight in the channel and cause binding or very tight sliding up and down......

I reuse the original clips and I soak the felts heavily with silicone spray......In my build thread I show this....

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...y-father-my-69-gtx-restoration.127388/page-43
I see what you are talking about Justin. Thanks again bro! There is a big size difference in the old and new pins,. and that is not from wear on the olds, they are not worn at all. They are apparently just making them too big now. No wonder the new ones are tight. I reused the old ones and the window slid right in. But I'll have to cut down a new set for the passenger side since the old ones were missing along with the glass and rear chrome trim channel which I'll have to buy.

20180328_173627_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. However, order the window run channel from and Dealership. They cost a little more but you won't buy them twice like I did... first set came from a rest parts supplier and did not work at all. Wrong profile, way too tight, and after a couple operations of the window they disintegrated. Order genuine mopar 2932230.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-w-strip-pkg-qtr-wdo-slide-pin~2932230.html

I got them from this place that 7t500 suggested. BIG THANKS to him.. I see now that Classic Ind. also sells them and most of their stuff has been good for me.

Finally got the driver's door and window finished., everything works good but the window is a little harder to roll up and down than I think it should be. I'll tweak on it more today, and see if I can install the felt whiskers. It seems that there are things about the door and window have changed from the way they were as for fit, I'm thinking most of that is because of all the welding/patching/ect, on and around the door. I guess I'll start on one of the rear quarter windows now., and maybe order the glass for the passenger door.

20180407_000750.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back