• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Rear window in. That's all the glass now, finally... Now to installing the motor.

20190412_214147.jpg

Got the M/T Sportsman S/R LT 27x8R15's for the front today, and installed on the street lites, 15x6 w/3.5 bs .

20190417_191759.jpg 20190417_185808.jpg 20190417_195934.jpg

Looks good kid. Did you happen to weigh the front and back tire, wheel combo? Just curious.

Looks good kid. Did you happen to weigh the front and back tire, wheel combo? Just curious.
No I didn't think to do that. I'm curious also now. I'm sure I'll be taking them back off for something and I'll weigh them then. I think both front and back tires are pretty heavy, just guessing, they just seemed thick, but well made, which is fine for me since it will see some street cruising.
Got some goodies today.

20190418_211513.jpg 20190418_212212.jpg 20190418_220126.jpg 20190419_204053.jpg

Last edited:
Why the two different style rims??
Good question. I wanted a rim on front that let the disc brakes be seen, and wanted the back to hide the drums. Also billet specs doesn't make the wheel width and backspace I needed. And didn't want spacers. Lots of drag cars run different front and back.

Last edited:
All systems go!, for motor install. Hoping to get it in over the next few days. I test fitted the trans to the motor just to make sure they didn't have a problem since they've never met.

20190501_210914.jpg

Looking great kid. Cant wait till I am at that point on my current project...……….

To make things easier on your self match the convertor up to the flex plate and give your self a paint mark to get the bolt alignment right the first time.

Good tip. Thanks.. Somehow I thought of that one and did that before installing the flexplate. I never had any auto trans in the mopars I had years ago so I'm learning on that area.... Here is a question for anyone,, I may have mentioned this but I'm putting the motor in from top and then trans underneath and one thing that I'm pondering/trying to remember is-> After I get the motor in, how can I prop the motor up in the back while repositioning/raising the car to put the trans in ?... 2x4 under the oil pan on the center link steering rod ?

20190502_191052.jpg

Last edited:
May I suggest putting the trans in first. Then the engine. Or bolt them together and put it all in at once. Just depends how much help you have. Also be sure to put a couple quarts of fluid in the convertor before installing.

My suggestion is put them in together, way easier. I dropped the motor and tranny in mine from the top with one helper, only thing you really need to do is have the front of the car off the ground enough to allow room for the tailshaft to clear the floor since it goes in at a pretty good angle. If you put them in separate just leave the cherry picker attached to the engine until the tranny is bolted up. Might leave the engine unbolted until the headers are on too that way you can lift the engine making the header install easier.

I put both of mine in the way Tim describes, transmission in place first and drop the motor in last. I didn't have a tall enough garage to drop them in as a unit and going in from the bottom wasn't considered. I used a HF trans jack to hold the trans in place while I put the motor in. Got the motor mounts bolted up, kept the chain on the engine to adjust up and down, then raised the trans into place.

Good question. I wanted a rim on front that let the disc brakes be seen, and wanted the back to hide the drums. Also billet specs doesn't make the wheel width and backspace I needed. And didn't want spacers. Lots of drag cars run different front and back.

Billet specialties will make any width or back space that you want for the Street Lite rims. Just have to call them (or summit or Jegs)when you order.

Billet specialties will make any width or back space that you want for the Street Lite rims. Just have to call them (or summit or Jegs)when you order.
Funny, I did call everyone you mentioned about that, they all said nope. Maybe they just didn't like me. I'm happy with what I have anyway.

Operation was a success. Everything went well. Patient and doctor resting comfortably. All the tips helped as usual, Thanks guys!

20190505_112740.jpg 20190505_124723.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back