• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

572 World Aluminum close to Dyno

Went red in the final today. Car ran 6.26 at 109 and change with a 1.35 60.
Good day today.

Went red in the final today. Car ran 6.26 at 109 and change with a 1.35 60.
Good day today.
Happy for you and the updates!
I'm determined to get back to doing the "car things" like racing and track tuning outings, cruising and hanging out with others who love what we all do.
I'm posting like that because my best friend is sending texts and pictures from Moparty, and I'd love to be with him and our mutual friends, THERE.
OR at the race track like you and others, but for 3+ years it's been endless "assignments" mostly as matter-of-fact directives and most of them have been because of the Freddy Krueger nightmare "construction project" off the coast in Mississippi, either there, or picking up the slack at home where the same things that used to take time to do but weren't so "oppressiveç now have been left undone yet still must be done. Yes, I was at the Mississippi "location" all weekend working, again.
So October 2nd is the first day of the week of Cruisin the Coast, THE main reason for the place in Mississippi, and I am hoping to FINALLY spend the week there.
Mini-Rant/Whining Session over.
"Thanks for letting me share"

Test pass in the left lane. Traction hadn’t come around quite yet. Wish I had a video of my first hit in the right. It dead hooked and left like a scalded cat!

Are those your tracks from the left rear tire? I watched in 1/8 speed but couldn't tell.
Doug

Are those your tracks from the left rear tire? I watched in 1/8 speed but couldn't tell.
Doug
Yeah I noticed that also. It did spin on that run. I need to pull axles this winter as I suspect I may have an issue.

fwiw..wife's car hooked to the right saturday in both lanes, so did mine in the left till i took launch rpm out

sb13.jpg

p9.jpg

Where are you finding photos from that day? Do you know if they got one of my car? I’m not on social media, so I never see them. Thanks.

Where are you finding photos from that day? Do you know if they got one of my car? I’m not on social media, so I never see them. Thanks.
Butch Henry, his facebook page is NO RED LIGHTS. He wasn't around on Sunday tho. You might check the track's FB page somebody might post pics :)

yellow car was Darcy's old car :)...acutually the red car was Harry Chargois FAST car...not much F.A.s.t racing going on in alberta so it's retired now to super pro..lol
Ahhh ok that makes sense. Never seen Darcy in a Dodge before!

the red car was Harry Chargois FAST car...
Either of the 2 "divisions" in my understanding that F.A.S.T. has, one being very close to factory stock everything and the other allowing for a lot of unseen performance enhancements, the tires they have to use and no real traction aids, the appearance and performance of those cars captures the essence of what appeals to me the most. Muscle cars in the era that I love the most, and performance with appearance that would have been a serious money making opportunity on the street or at the track for heads up racing.
I wish they ran closer to Louisiana, but I'd love to make one of their heavily attended races, to make it worth the trip and time.

Always good to read about your experiences with Barney!! Your racing season is WAY too SHORT!
Since you posted about transmission parts breaking, I'll just note my Passon 855 5 speed is built strong, 700 continuous ft lbs torque rated conservatively I've been assured several times, but I too have breakage concerns. I have my tricked out 18 spline 833 for "backup", ready to go, but the "tricks" don't have any specially strengthened gears or hard-driven parts, and if I keep my 4.10 gears in the Dana 60, a 1:1 top gear isn't a long term solution. I've already decided that IF the 855 breaks in a manner that will repeat itself and break again, I will immediately look for a different solution, G-Force or Jericho, or another alternative manual OD 5 or 6 speed transmission that is made to handle what I expect to deliver, around 700 ft lbs torque and possibly as much horsepower, and I plan on a 300HP shot on top of that eventually.
I avoided the chance of my wife wanting to drive or race my Roadrunner by getting her a really nice and performance based 65 Pontiac GTO, but I get to race and drive it, "for testing and tuning" purposes of course, lol. I admire and respect you for you letting your wife kick the go pedal in Barney, you are definitely a better husband than I in at least that regard.
I'm sorry for the long "about my Roadrunner" comments, but I am looking forward to more posts about Barney. BEST of success to you buddy!!

Btw, there's no 'h' in the Jerico transmission name.... :D @biomedtechguy iirc in your past post. Just a heads up.....

And I really like this thread! I really miss drag racing even with a slow car. In fact, had a lot of fun (short term lol) with a slow car....!

Btw, there's no 'h' in the Jerico transmission name.... :D @biomedtechguy iirc in your past post. Just a heads up.....
Thanks, I just went to their website again. After looking, I have probably spent more time looking at the G-Force, but IF it comes time for a replacement for the 855, I will give them (Jerico) a call.
There may even be a Viper or T-something that can work.

Auto Transport Service
Back