• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 charger photos

Silver is a really great color for these cars. There's so much you can do with it, especially when it comes to wheel options. Some wheels that look stupid on any other color car, look great with silver. I'm generally not a big fan of big wheels, but again, with silver you can usually get away with a lot more.

Silver is a really great color for these cars. There's so much you can do with it, especially when it comes to wheel options. Some wheels that look stupid on any other color car, look great with silver. I'm generally not a big fan of big wheels, but again, with silver you can usually get away with a lot more.

67 Mopar
Agree with your sentiment on big wheels. I grudgingly went with the bigger wheels to have the better brakes. Once we went with 6.4L, it needed some significantly better brakes to simply stop. The engine the car came, with a non-matching 1978 400, was in rough shape and since I was non-number matching, non-period correct, we went with a modern 6.4L. Hence the brakes (and RMS suspension and tremec 6 speed) and therefore the tires. I have seen some 17" Magnum 500s that look ok

My 66 with 17's.
after.jpg

Greg
Still working out the wheel choice but thinking of going with 17 inch Magnum 500s for the wheels to maintain the original look as much as possible. Realize 17 inch will look different though. Not sure about the tires. The shop owner will likely offer some choices/options to consider. He is planning on including the car in the New York Auto Show (show primarily of new cars but with a few exhibitors like the shop) and he may try to persuade me with something different, at least for the show. My goal was to keep the car original looking in appearance but with modern engine, transmission, suspension, brake and AC. With the brakes though, wheels have to be bigger.

Thanks, I have used the 17 inch magnums on my 67 Satellite, they look great on these cars in my opinion. I used the wheels from Wheels Vintiques and had the offset custom to fit the car. My '66 Charger will require a slightly larger wheel due to brake size as well, I haven't decided which way to go on that.

Very nice! Much cutting to get the 6spd in? Everything fit in the stock console?

Very nice! Much cutting to get the 6spd in? Everything fit in the stock console?

tunnel WIP2.jpgtunnel WIP.jpg

There was definitely some cutting see above pictures. The console is not yet installed though a test fitting was done. Final assembly of the interior is right around the corner, either this week, or next.

I should add that the hole was closed up with another piece of sheet metal

Nice job! I take it the original console wont fit.

Looking forward to seeing some more pics, I'm loving this build
Went to shop today. I am not a great photographer for sure, but here is a picture of the taillight. Not as exciting as the 6.4L but nice to see the taillight in there. I purchased a complete NOS set on eBay. Trunk medallion also installed - see picture taillight.jpg

Attachments

• medallion.jpg
    medallion.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
No wonder there are no more NOS parts on Ebay, they all ended up on your car!!

Greg: My prior post was probably misleading, the trunk emblem is a reproduction while the taillight is NOS. They are a few more NOS items on the car (antenna, arrow emblems, grill medallion, C-Chrome but a lot is actually what came with the car when I bought it. I did look at rear tail light wrap around chrome NOS part but is was $2,100 on eBay! The original, recrhomed are pretty good.

As you are probably aware, sometimes the NOS parts fit better, sometime they fit worse. The engineering standards were a little loose. I was sweating bullets wondering if the back window would fit after the body work/paint job. Fortunately it did fit after some finessing.

Picture of gauge cluster restored by instrument specialties. I haven't seen them yet except for this picture but they are in transit. Restoration shop putting car in NY Auto Show so the gauges are arriving with a little time to spare (car has to be 100% done by 3/31). Link to the gauge place as FYI https://www.facebook.com/InstrumentSpecialties

67 gauge cluster.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back