• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 charger photos

Very Nice Ed9Diaz, now, did you leave all those black marks in that parking lot in the night shot?

firewall.jpgunderside of hood painted.jpg 67 charger paint.jpg

visited restoration shop during initial states of painting

Last edited:
Greg
Thanks. I was fortunate to visit on the day they started painting the car. I'll share pictures of the body when available.

Greg
Thanks. I was fortunate to visit on the day they started painting the car. I'll share pictures of the body when available.

I hope so, mine is currently covered in metal patches and different colors of steel, primer and filler, it would be an inspiration to see yours in finished form

RMS front post paint.jpg

post paint  rear end.jpg

front post paint.jpg

Visited restoration shop today. Some additional progress as the engine, suspension and brakes are in the process of being installed. The car, other than the engine compartment, has not yet been wet sanded so the paint will look better.

Sorry for the view of the pictures being 90 degrees off

Blasted and ready for Surgery...

Attachments

• IMG_1229.JPG
    IMG_1229.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 437
67 Mopar
What are your plans for the car? Engine, trans, etc.?

Building a good all around cruiser with low end torque for fun on the road.

Current plan...
505 Street build, high vacuum, torque to spare.
727 Auto, shorty with GV unit attached.
8-3/4 rear - 489 case - 3.23
Hotchkis style suspension package.

67 Mopar Did you modify the spare tire well? I have a 66 and I seem to remember the forward portion being rounded.

67 Mopar Did you modify the spare tire well? I have a 66 and I seem to remember the forward portion being rounded.
Yes I did... I also modified the gas tank to provide a little greater fuel capacity.

Last edited:
Mopar 67 - sounds like quite a car you are building.

Here are a few update pictures on my car, headers, dash installed plus the car post wetsanding.

Attachments

• left rear quarter.jpg
    left rear quarter.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 325
  • headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 331
  • new dash.jpg
    new dash.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 335
Coming along great!! what wheel and tire combo are you going with?

Greg
Still working out the wheel choice but thinking of going with 17 inch Magnum 500s for the wheels to maintain the original look as much as possible. Realize 17 inch will look different though. Not sure about the tires. The shop owner will likely offer some choices/options to consider. He is planning on including the car in the New York Auto Show (show primarily of new cars but with a few exhibitors like the shop) and he may try to persuade me with something different, at least for the show. My goal was to keep the car original looking in appearance but with modern engine, transmission, suspension, brake and AC. With the brakes though, wheels have to be bigger.

Auto Transport Service
Back