• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 CHARGER Body Style

Rocket

Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score
In the early '70's I had the pleasure of owning what I'm fairly certain was a '69 Charger SE, 383 Auto. It's 40+ years ago so memory fades a bit. Let it get away of course. Was looking around for one but now I'm uncertain about the year. I'm certain mine had the open grill without the center post and the long taillights in the rear, not the round ones. But all the pictures I see as well as the Wicki write-up say that the '69 design included the center grill divider. Does anyone know if there were '69s built without the center divider?

Found the picture below which looks like the one I had. It was labeled a '69 but you never know -

Dodge charger 1969.jpg

You apparently own a 1970. Long tail lights and no center divider in the grill.

The 70' charger had a different bumper. If it looked exactly like the car in the pic you had a 69' with a 68' grille

The 70' charger had a different bumper. If it looked exactly like the car in the pic you had a 69' with a 68' grille

Agree on the chrome 'bumper' surround on the '70 grille.

I did buy mine used so guess it's possible the grille may have been replaced. Maybe hit in the front and replaced with a '68 instead. I do think that grille has a much cleaner look than the divided grille.

Did not know a 68 grill would work with a 69 hood and defiantly no 68 hood on that car.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry there just did not expand the picture far enough and did not see the recess. Looked flat with center hump.

Easy way to tell.......(if the grill isn't answering it for you)

Did your car have round side marker lights or rectangular? If round, you had a 1968.....if rectangular but only reflector's you had a 1969....If rectangular, but had lights in them-you had a 1970.

Auto Transport Service
Back