• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet R/T Track Pack Convertible 252511 Lost 440 block

69 Scat Pack

Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Hello, new on here. I am looking for my original 440 block Vin 252511. Was told it was removed in late 70s to early 80s in the Chicago IL area. Also looking for the broadcast sheet and any info about the car. Was told it was purchased new at Grand Spaulding Dodge. Car was purchased in 1981 by the guy I bought it from. He can’t remember the guys name he bought it from but he knew he replaced the blown motor, was a Chevy guy and only owned it long enough to replace the motor and flip it! Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks

IMG_6745.jpeg

Best of luck with your search! I don’t have any info. But wanted to say, you have a really nice Coronet. I always liked them.

Hello, new on here. I am looking for my original 440 block Vin 252511. Was told it was removed in late 70s to early 80s in the Chicago IL area. Also looking for the broadcast sheet and any info about the car. Was told it was purchased new at Grand Spaulding Dodge. Car was purchased in 1981 by the guy I bought it from. He can’t remember the guys name he bought it from but he knew he replaced the blown motor, was a Chevy guy and only owned it long enough to replace the motor and flip it! Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks

View attachment 1565121
Mr Norm's Grand Spaulding? Finding a block that was removed 40 plus years ago would be amazing.....even with social media. I'd spend some energy in any old paperwork you have on the car looking for registration and owner details. As far as the build sheet on the convertible.....back seat, drivers seat behind the bucket or drivers side headliner. You may just see a piece or two.....

Mr Norm's Grand Spaulding? Finding a block that was removed 40 plus years ago would be amazing.....even with social media. I'd spend some energy in any old paperwork you have on the car looking for registration and owner details. As far as the build sheet on the convertible.....back seat, drivers seat behind the bucket or drivers side headliner. You may just see a piece or two.....
Thanks for your response and info on where to find the broadcast. The only paperwork I have with the car is from the last owner. He forgot the name of the guy he bought it from in 81. The car was gone through in 92 for the restoration and a build sheet was found behind the rear seat but it goes to 252001. Unfortunately not mine. I called Mr Norm to see if the still have the paperwork there. Waiting to hear back.

Wow a Mr Norms , rag top 4 speed R/T! Now is this car a track pack or super track pack car? Scat pack was the dodge group for the performance cars and later turned into the name on the new challenger/ charger product line. You definitely have a very nice car there!

I have this one, it's not yours but it's pretty close

Wow a Mr Norms , rag top 4 speed R/T! Now is this car a track pack or super track pack car? Scat pack was the dodge group for the performance cars and later turned into the name on the new challenger/ charger product line. You definitely have a very nice car there!
I haven’t verified if it is a Mr Norms yet. Larry the owner of Mr Norms is checking to see if he has original paperwork on the car. He said we should have an answer by Friday. It is a track pack. Thanks for the clarification.

...build sheet was found behind the rear seat but it goes to 252001.
Shawn,
Whenever convenient, could you post a pic of the 252001 broadcast? It could help us various spotters that now have your broadcast (and block) on our radar. It is, by no means, a given that your sheet wound up in 252001, but it is a starting point and would offer other clues to watch for. Whatever VIN it probably did go into would (very likely) have been a Coronet R/T or Coronet 500 (the 2 models offered in convertible) because of the stitching pattern, and very unlikely that it would have been in a Satellite, Sport Satellite or GTX (again - B-bodies offered as convertible; these convertible seats wouldn't have fit any A- or C-body) for the same reason. The car it went into would likely have a white interior, but there are stories of people finding a "Friday stack" of multiple broadcasts stuffed in a single car (presumably from someone in the upholstery shop just "tidying up"!) so as with most thing Mopar, nothing is certain.

Also - have you (or anyone else) checked in the backs of the bucket seats for broadcast sheet(s)? The backs are pretty easy to (carefully and correctly) pop off and a many have been found to have sheets in them.

Pretty much all of us would want to see the original block/broadcast(s) reunited with this car. And MOST of us would do so without 'holding the items for ransom'....

Thanks
Mark

Thanks for letting me know about it. I am going to check the vin on mine and see what it is. I was told by the seller it was a 70 block. I have since discovered the heads and intake are cast date 2 to 3 weeks before car build and the block is a 69 block so maybe the vin will be close also. I will keep you in mind though.

Shawn,
Whenever convenient, could you post a pic of the 252001 broadcast? It could help us various spotters that now have your broadcast (and block) on our radar. It is, by no means, a given that your sheet wound up in 252001, but it is a starting point and would offer other clues to watch for. Whatever VIN it probably did go into would (very likely) have been a Coronet R/T or Coronet 500 (the 2 models offered in convertible) because of the stitching pattern, and very unlikely that it would have been in a Satellite, Sport Satellite or GTX (again - B-bodies offered as convertible; these convertible seats wouldn't have fit any A- or C-body) for the same reason. The car it went into would likely have a white interior, but there are stories of people finding a "Friday stack" of multiple broadcasts stuffed in a single car (presumably from someone in the upholstery shop just "tidying up"!) so as with most thing Mopar, nothing is certain.

Also - have you (or anyone else) checked in the backs of the bucket seats for broadcast sheet(s)? The backs are pretty easy to (carefully and correctly) pop off and a many have been found to have sheets in them.

Pretty much all of us would want to see the original block/broadcast(s) reunited with this car. And MOST of us would do so without 'holding the items for ransom'....

Thanks
Mark
Hello Mark.
I have not checked the back of the bucket seats. When I get some free time I will definitely check. Thanks for the help and info. I will also try to get a better picture of the broadcast up on the site as the one on there now is not the greatest.

Shawn,

Thanks
Mark
Mark,
FYI I posted a pic with the original post in the lost and found section. I will try to get a better picture when I have a chance. It is a very fragile document and is in a plastic cover that doesn’t photograph well.

All good here, some folks don’t know all the mopar lingo, I don’t know it all myself either but we are on the same page. If you ever find a sales brochure for it it may even have a form to join the Scat Pack,Lol. You have such a good car to start with, it could be very beneficial to get it correct if possible and that’s what you want. Returning one to stock true numbers matching is a very tedious job and I do it myself because I enjoy the hunt and to drive it for what it is. A block and trans is a starting point it’s getting everything else in the time frame too... Ma dated everything dang near everything and part numbers from assembly lines and over the counter items varied. It’s a challenge but it’s also treasure hunting. Consider some Dave Wise books if your going that route along with the factory service manual and of course the guys around here . They have tons of info in the back of their neck mounted Rolodex. Enjoy it!

Is Galan Govier still around? I registered the cars with Galan, (and 69CoronetRT) and sent him a broadcast sheet that did not belong to my T7 '69 Coronet 500 hardtop. The broadcast sheet was also for a T7 hardtop, just not mine. I think the rear seats got swapped at the factory?

All good here, some folks don’t know all the mopar lingo, I don’t know it all myself either but we are on the same page. If you ever find a sales brochure for it it may even have a form to join the Scat Pack,Lol. You have such a good car to start with, it could be very beneficial to get it correct if possible and that’s what you want. Returning one to stock true numbers matching is a very tedious job and I do it myself because I enjoy the hunt and to drive it for what it is. A block and trans is a starting point it’s getting everything else in the time frame too... Ma dated everything dang near everything and part numbers from assembly lines and over the counter items varied. It’s a challenge but it’s also treasure hunting. Consider some Dave Wise books if your going that route along with the factory service manual and of course the guys around here . They have tons of info in the back of their neck mounted Rolodex. Enjoy it!
I will be looking into the Dave Wise books. I have already downloaded the factory service manual on my phone! Lol thanks for the info and all your help!

I believe he is around, just horrible to get a hold of and his rep has gotten kinda weird. GTS was his business name.

Last edited:
I talked to Dave Wise today. What a nice guy. We talked about his validation of the RTS Cuda. What a cool car. I went ahead and ordered his reference books from him so they should be in the mail next week. Then comes the fun part of verifying all the parts on the car and putting the loose parts back on.

It’s a slippery slope when you start chasing the numbers down. Rewarding for sure.

My friend has a 70 Charger N code 383 car. It had a 66 383 engine in it. He answered a Craigslist ad for a 70 HP 383 engine and it turned out to be the matching numbers engine to his car! He didn't mention to the seller it was the original engine to his car,but he said it was hard to maintain a poker face after reading the numbers on the side of the block! It's always worth a shot putting it out there,maybe you might get lucky! Nice Coronet R/T vert!

My friend has a 70 Charger N code 383 car. It had a 66 383 engine in it. He answered a Craigslist ad for a 70 HP 383 engine and it turned out to be the matching numbers engine to his car! He didn't mention to the seller it was the original engine to his car,but he said it was hard to maintain a poker face after reading the numbers on the side of the block! It's always worth a shot putting it out there,maybe you might get lucky! Nice Coronet R/T vert!
That is an awesome story! Glad he was reconnected with his original block! Thanks!!

Auto Transport Service
Back