• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 parts on an early 70 LA built Superbee possibility ?

DLevel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
I feel I'm close to finishing my never ending Superbee project here shortly. Some help with making a decision on my engine compartment wiring harness would be appreciated.
A little back story on this car is, early October build from the Las Angeles plant. A local guy said he found the car in an Arizona junkyard while visiting his sister. Supposedly put some seats and a GM one wire alternator on the engine and drove it back to Ohio here. I purchased from him a few years later. The car appeared to be mostly all original except for the 440 that was installed. I took a lot of pics as I disassembledo the car for reference.
The first non 70 part I ran into was the rear-end housing, it was a 69 and I didn't think a lot about it. I'm at the point of putting the engine and driveline back in and need to address the wiring harness for the engine compartment. The car had a single field voltage regulator on the firewall and a relay on the passenger inner fender under the washer bottle. I was trying to keep this car as close to original as I can but feel I'm overthinking this alt/reg issue. Has anyone seen other early 70s that were assembled with a 69 charging system ?

Auto Transport Service
Back