• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another transmission question

Red63440

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
While under the car looking for the year of the transmission I noticed that there are no wires going to the firewall. I did see one single pole connection for what looks like a single wire but nothing else. I do know that the car will start in gear. The transmission is a 67' 727 and I am installing a new B&M shifter that has the micro switches for both the reverse lights and neutral safety. I need some help on this one to either connect the one wire to wherever its to go or to figure out how to wire the micro switches so I don't put the car through the garage wall.

its the NSS.. older transmissions (68 and below IIRC) used a one wire setup

thumb_2838_12410r.jpg

G503021787NTC.jpg

Where does that connect on the starter relay? What post?

That will work, I will have to trace the wire back thats already connected and see where it goes, it sure doesn't go to the tranny! Thank you!!

Last edited:
Well, they ran it off the starter relay, taped it up inside the harness and brought it out 3 feet over and attached it to the fire wall at the horn relay. They shortened the wire by about a foot or so, so I will make up a new one and get it installed. Now for the back up lights!

Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back