• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Trickflow track performance examples available?

I have an update.
Last summer (2020) car went in the shop for a few months, where I had LOTS of work done, got it back 1st week of October, for Cruisin the Coast. The factory leaf springs were shot, worn badly, and the Calvert split mono leaf springs really give it a nice subtle rake. The rear Viking shocks are top level! Warrior XS (eXtreme Street) triple adjustable. Assassin traction bars. McLeod recommended the RXT dual disc clutch, not for the 1,000 horsepower rating (vs the RST dual disc) but for the ceramic metallic friction material. When I described the function of the HitMaster launch control, the McLeod tech said that any organic disc would have problems with the heat. The RXT clutch has been GREAT on the street, only the rare brief "chatter" if I'm going slow and slipping the clutch in 1st or 2nd, but even those rare occasions aren't bad. Chrome Moly steel everything, all Strange: slip yoke, driveshaft, pinion yoke, and 1350 solid U-joints. Calvert sliders.
What little driving I've had the time to do, no complaints. The odd new noise on rough spots on the road. I also have a complete new front suspension, all QA1 including the K-member, the one exception is SPC UCAs, because they are far more adjustable than most any others.
Now that the soul sucking money pit construction nightmare, aka the "beach house" is basically finished, the bank calls it 100% complete (thank you Mr. Bank Appraiser) and the construction loan with its dreaded deadlines and other horror-inducing parameters is being converted to a regular mortgage, all done to "make Cruisin the Coast more fun" and other weekend adventures that instead came to a complete HALT because of the demands of having to be contractors ourselves after gypsies, dope fiends, thieves and shitty work had to STOP happening to us....
Now I'm hoping to turn the page, no, throw away and burn that book and move on to a hopefully happier story.
The tale of a guy turning 60 and wanting to ENJOY life a little while I'm still sucking air.
That should mean I finally get to make some trips to the track and get to tuning, tweaking, and dialing in all that gear and get to running SOLID 12s. The Bill Mitchell aluminum block is paid for and waiting at the builder's shop for my budget to build up to the point where I can get ALL the parts to build that block into a kick *** 541.
In the meantime, I have plenty of new stuff to tweak and tune, and while the 541 will mean LOTS of new adjustments, including a MAJOR tire and wheel change out back to have any hope of hooking up, well, I have laid as thorough of a foundation for it as I possibly can, and lots to play with in the meantime until I can get it built.
How heavy the flywheel?

I'll add my data to this thread, hopefully someone can benefit from it. 505 cid, 270 Trick Flow heads, Trick Flow Max Wedge 4500 intake, good sized solid flat tappet, 13-1 compression and 1050 Dominator fueled... Runs 6.30's in the 1/8 in a 3550 lb Coronet, calculator says 9.80's in the 1/4 mile but I haven't ran to confirm.
View attachment 1208547
nice combo very well done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Okay updating this thread this is from Friday nite TnT hot and humid. Still working out bugs
0724221608.jpg

Actually ran 116 last year when torque converter started going south on me.

Good point. I have been looking for the intakes, any RB 3x2 capable intake, that either has or can be modded to Max Wedge ports. The Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake can be modded to Max Wedge port size, but on a 541 cu in MW port engine that intake is just too restrictive.
The Indy ModMan seemed to be the frontrunner, but then....
I've been made a good offer to buy a Weiand P3690982 6bbl crossram, and this time I think I'm going to do it!
I guess I'll save money not having to complete my N96 hood:p:D:rolleyes:
Top it off with 3 duce fuel injection, and you will love it.

Not too much spec on this one but know its times, its a 499 wedge with 270's, its in a sorted Valiant (3>3100lb@line?), thumper carb, runs 9.7's>8's, hooks good with wheels up launches and carries them, owner says it a pump gas motor....I smelt race fuel on his warm up but whatever, I think they thought they were talking to some novice as most do over here.

Anyways@that weight and performance 137mph best its 670>680fwhp according to my calcs, always reasonable DA at SPR rarely much over 2000 and its 341ft above sea.

Here are Saturdays passes .
505ci TF270 heads . Pump gas. Street exhaust . Tbrake leaving @ 4000
This was a Kenda 660 1/8 mile radial event . It was Pro tree heads up (400 tree) 6.40 index class i raced . Chicago shoot out . I cant run 6.40s even if i ran off a cliff . Air and track were killer .
I took 3 wins but wasnt fast enough to make the final .
Weighed the Satellite @ 3790lbs race weight .
I think i am maxed out at the low 6.51s/10.20s

Tex

20220801_101016.jpg

Top it off with 3 duce fuel injection, and you will love it.
I read back through a few posts.
What intake is the "it" you refer to?
FWIW, I decided when I ordered the crank to go 572 vs 541, and my plan is the Indy ModMan intake CNC'd for Max Wedge port size, TF 270s, and start with my Promax modded 6bbl Holley carbs.
You mentioned EFI and I have talked with Bruce at F&B about a 3x2 EFI/DPI setup he makes.
As much as I'd like to use my Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake, I want to see if the ModMan fits under my N96 hood, and Indy has a Max Wedge CNC program for it.
Going MW with the Weiand would be a big job probably for Wilson, IF they could do it.

I read back through a few posts.
What intake is the "it" you refer to?
FWIW, I decided when I ordered the crank to go 572 vs 541, and my plan is the Indy ModMan intake CNC'd for Max Wedge port size, TF 270s, and start with my Promax modded 6bbl Holley carbs.
You mentioned EFI and I have talked with Bruce at F&B about a 3x2 EFI/DPI setup he makes.
As much as I'd like to use my Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake, I want to see if the ModMan fits under my N96 hood, and Indy has a Max Wedge CNC program for it.
Going MW with the Weiand would be a big job probably for Wilson, IF they could do it.
Good luck with what ever you chose!

Made some passes a few weeks back. Best time 10.80@121mph and 60 foot at 1.51 in a 4000lbs steel body, stock interior 64 Sport Fury. Stock suspension except for SS leafs and calvert shocks.
Engine is a 440source stroker
TF240 heads
Tunnelram with dual 950 cfm brawler race carbs.
Cam is a Howard solid flattappet 260/[email protected] and 0.657/0.661 lift with 1.6 rockers.
29.5/9 Slicks

Picture is from last year with a single 950 carb and TF Intake and 26" tires

IMG_1124.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back