Any Trickflow track performance examples available?

Racers Hangout

1. 65Fury440

65Fury440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:34 PM
    With a pinion snubber and the rear segment unclamped, the rear would raise a lot, maybe 4 or 5 inches, the effect of the rear segment separating.
    I kept the snubber on with the new springs to prevent wrap up, it's about 1.5" away from the floor pan and haven't touched at all with the Calvert springs. My plan was to put the springs on then the bars later, it really all needs to be done at once.

Yea 1st and second gear are like driving on ice without the tires being planted. My son took the video on FB, it might be his security settings.
    Went to Willwood discs up front, line loc, went from 850 Mighty Demon to the Thumper 1050, put in the Calvert springs, threw away my HF dial back timing light.
    I dropped around 120 lbs, and with the new carb got the AFR from mid to high 11s with the Demon to high 12s with the Dominator. The HF timing light was 4 degrees off, so my timing was 40 degrees, I found an old Mac timing light and have the timing at 36 now.
    So basically I'm slower this year-:mad:

2. 65Fury440

Local Time:
    I love the Calvert springs, you just need the bars to make them work, and good shocks.
    I think Smith makes springs as well, if you are going Assassin bars, they come with the holes pre-drilled. It wasn't a real hard thing to drill the springs, but, if their springs are good pieces, ight as well save an extra step.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • 65Fury440

Local Time:
      @Brewzer76, your inbox is full brother.

• Brewzer67

Brewzer67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      8:34 PM
      Inbox cleared out...

• Brewzer67

Brewzer67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Those are some solid numbers! Thanks.

• stage3

stage3 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      6:34 PM
      i have a set of the trickflow 270's,,,word is the springs are from isky,,i have the heads that are cut for .700 lift,,are u guys keeping the springs that came with the heads and using them? or using a set from your cam manufactuer? thanks.

• GITEX

GITEX FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      PAC springs, and used mine for 2 years without issue.

• Dan64

Dan64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Just got my d.p.m. Indy dual plane from them last week and was a little worried about core shift and possible use of epoxy to get them to max wedge as I've heard they have problems with that previously. The intake looked great ,no epoxy needed ,nice work, by Hugh's also, my engine builder was pretty impressed with it. I bought the intake through Hugh's ,they told me at the time i ordered it that they should have it in 2 weeks but " you never know with Indy" how long it could take. They got it in the 2 weeks they were told. Looks like the new owners are headed in the right direction.

• Like Like x 3
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.