• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody else have a thing for old tractors?

A4T-1600 very cool also. 504 or 585? Us boys have been rebuilding dads vista. He tore the engine apart before he pasted 17 yrs ago. Needless to say its taken some time.
The A4t is a 585. The 1355 propane is a 504
We have one vista with a turbo 504 diesel. I know what you mean...we have some over hauling to do too as well. It's hard enough keeping the stuff running we farm with.
I took this picture yesterday in abiline,KS. It is not mine and believe for sale...but I wanted to come home with it! would love a Diesel G1350..this propane is one of 108 made.

20230916_113405.jpg

Last edited:
My dad bought a M. M. G1000 Vista new and did custom farming for years with it.

My dad bought a M. M. G1000 Vista new and did custom farming for years with it.
Am I remembering correctly.. your Dad also work at the St. Charles, IA Oliver tractor plant? Do you know what happened to his vista? There is a family in Eastern Iowa that has been collecting and restoring classic tractors. Met them at the Iowa State Fair probably 10 years ago.

Am I remembering correctly.. your Dad also work at the St. Charles, IA Oliver tractor plant? Do you know what happened to his vista? There is a family in Eastern Iowa that has been collecting and restoring classic tractors. Met them at the Iowa State Fair probably 10 years ago.
Yes he did. Are you from Iowa? I am not 100% sure where hos Vista ended up. After dad died I was looking for a Vista to restore, but they are such a huge tractor.

Wouldn't it be fun to have a UDLX! @Scott Engelhardt , Swartzrock in CC had one at one time.

View attachment 1526722
The Duesenberg of tractors! About 15 years ago, I was part of an old car tour to a hobby farm near Lapeer, Michigan to view a collection. A friend of mine restores antique trailers, and is a member of The Tin Can Tourists trailer club. Another member invited him and some of his friends to attend a barbeque at her place and view the collection that she and her husband had amassed. Their farm had originally been a goat farm, and had a couple of long, low barns on it. The husband had filled these barns with various makes of orchard and grove tractors. These are the ones with enclosed hoods and flowing fenders, so nothing will snag limbs or vines. The property also had a huge two-storey red barn. The lower level was filled mostly with M M tractors, including a UDLX. I had seen pictures of these tractors, but never expected to see a real one! He also had the lesser model, without the enclosed cab, plus other models of M M. He also had a Hudson "Big Boy" 3/4 ton pickup, a 1937 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup, and a 1946 Nash tow truck. In that era, Nash did not build trucks, except tow trucks, which were only sold to Nash car dealerships. Nash did not want broken down Nash cars cars towed in for repair by a competitor's tow truck. There was much, much more stuff to see there than just the tractors. It was hard to see it all in one afternoon. They owned the Delahaye that Cruella Deville drove in "101 Dalmations" movie. Sadly, this couple divorced, and the collection was split up. I believe the UDLX fetched $300,000 at auction.

Don't have a photo of our 1956 Oliver super 77 row crop that my grandfather bought. Have to repair fuel tank and give her a fancy paint job.
Have the plow, barrel rake and cultivator.

About 10 years ago we retired our New idea 801 uni system. The drive wheel splines were about to go. We have the corn husker and the wide pickup hay head for the forage harvester left.

We also kept our MF 275 because that's the first tractor my father bought and it's the tractor I learned to drive on. We rebuilt the engine and her main job is the blower tractor when doing silage. Other job is when we need a small agile tractor. Otherwise it's 100hp tractors and bigger now. We are a massey family because the dealer was in our town but has since closed. So the massey faith may be switch to another shade of red.

The Duesenberg of tractors! About 15 years ago, I was part of an old car tour to a hobby farm near Lapeer, Michigan to view a collection. A friend of mine restores antique trailers, and is a member of The Tin Can Tourists trailer club. Another member invited him and some of his friends to attend a barbeque at her place and view the collection that she and her husband had amassed. Their farm had originally been a goat farm, and had a couple of long, low barns on it. The husband had filled these barns with various makes of orchard and grove tractors. These are the ones with enclosed hoods and flowing fenders, so nothing will snag limbs or vines. The property also had a huge two-storey red barn. The lower level was filled mostly with M M tractors, including a UDLX. I had seen pictures of these tractors, but never expected to see a real one! He also had the lesser model, without the enclosed cab, plus other models of M M. He also had a Hudson "Big Boy" 3/4 ton pickup, a 1937 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup, and a 1946 Nash tow truck. In that era, Nash did not build trucks, except tow trucks, which were only sold to Nash car dealerships. Nash did not want broken down Nash cars cars towed in for repair by a competitor's tow truck. There was much, much more stuff to see there than just the tractors. It was hard to see it all in one afternoon. They owned the Delahaye that Cruella Deville drove in "101 Dalmations" movie. Sadly, this couple divorced, and the collection was split up. I believe the UDLX fetched $300,000 at auction.
Wow! That's quite a collection. Yes, UDLX's fetch big money. Not many made. Cool tractors. They did like 35 mph. or so.

Auto Transport Service
Back