Slow coming but making progress. Found bad area on passenger rocker from previous cra that I wanted to repair. You can see from pictures it was cut and filled with mud and didn’t show up until it returned from dipping. Figured I’d cut out bad area and weld in new patch.
I’ll show pics once welded in place.
My brother and I have had both new quarters off and on numerous times trying to make tweaks to improve fit and appearance, but finally ran into issue with how the quarter extensions fit. Wasn’t until we put trunk lid on it became apparent the quarters were not stamped correctly at the ends. You can see below where there’s gaps from top body line down to bottom corner where bumper relief starts. The top surfaces match up nicely between quarter and extension and the inside edge matches up to trunk lid, just wrong radius stamped on outside.
This is probably why a lot of folks leave the original tail light structure in place when replacing quarters, but since this car was so roughly I didn’t have a lot of choices other than cutting everything away. Fortunately I still have the original quarter panel ends that have correct angle so we plan to splice those in to new quarter metal. More cutting and welding, but it needs to be right.