• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone never made a bad decision?

I'm starting to convince myself that's the only ones I know how to make.

All bad decisions start with alcohol or shenanigans....or sometimes alcohol and shenanigans. :lol:
I know some who do not drink.....but what they do as 'shenanigans' can be questioned. I walked away from a 'friend' after over 20 years because I got tired of his mind games and 7th grade BS.

All bad decisions start with alcohol or shenanigans....or sometimes alcohol and shenanigans. :lol:
There's a little leeway with those as far as justification goes. It's the sober ones that hurt the most.

Never have had a drink in my life and i am only bad decisions... From women to everything.. always the wrong way. Wanted a mopar... got a '62.. put in a big block and be like everyone else? Naw... lets do it the hard way....

Pretty much every decision i have ever made has been wrong.. a life of regret :)

My biggest one is buying a project car and not buying a finished car.
I have soo many mixed feelings on that though.. so.. my car done will be worth 13k..i have 20k+ into it already (including buying the car) BUT.. when i'm done i will have turned every single bolt and built it how i want it.

If i were to buy something done i would end up taking the whole thing apart anyway and rebuilding it.. so kinda same boat.. Other than maybe a good paintjob from the start :)

My biggest one is buying a project car and not buying a finished car.
I'm looking at a car as I type....another /6 car but it's pretty much all original with low miles too and is pretty unusual. At least it has AC. Hope the deal happens and my hopes are high since it's coming through a long time friend.

I have soo many mixed feelings on that though.. so.. my car done will be worth 13k..i have 20k+ into it already (including buying the car) BUT.. when i'm done i will have turned every single bolt and built it how i want it.

If i were to buy something done i would end up taking the whole thing apart anyway and rebuilding it.. so kinda same boat.. Other than maybe a good paintjob from the start :)
Very true, I was thinking that at least I’ll know what’s underneath the paint when I paint it.

I'm looking at a car as I type....another /6 car but it's pretty much all original with low miles too and is pretty unusual. At least it has AC. Hope the deal happens and my hopes are high since it's coming through a long time friend.
66 valiant?
And the main thing for me was finding a car that wasn't already destroyed by someone.. my car sat from '78 til i got it and was 100% stock and untouched.. It seems when you try to find a car they are either crazy over-restored and stupid money, or hacked up with **** like the dash removed and digital gauges.. or modern buckets and a B&M shifter.. that sorta thing.

BTW.. at this point i REALLY wish i had stuck to my original plan to just rebuild the poly and keep the car 100% stock.. i'm making a car i will hate driving after 20 minutes and i know it but i'm still going ahead.

Yep. At least as far as I can recall.

Very true, I was thinking that at least I’ll know what’s underneath the paint when I paint it.

Well.. i'm not painting mine... i like a crap paintjob (mine is still original paint from '62) i will be match painting parts i repaired and that's it.. no stone chip will ever ruin my day :)

66 valiant?
And the main thing for me was finding a car that wasn't already destroyed by someone.. my car sat from '78 til i got it and was 100% stock and untouched.. It seems when you try to find a car they are either crazy over-restored and stupid money, or hacked up with **** like the dash removed and digital gauges.. or modern buckets and a B&M shifter.. that sorta thing.

BTW.. at this point i REALLY wish i had stuck to my original plan to just rebuild the poly and keep the car 100% stock.. i'm making a car i will hate driving after 20 minutes and i know it but i'm still going ahead.
Not a 66 but it's an 'A' body....

ahhh the best A-body! a 64 dart GT!!! had one once.. love the 64 grille the best :)
I'm kinda partial to the 63 since it's the first car I ever stole I mean drove by myself. Well, I did take it without permission. Was mowing yards and got tired of dragging the mower along side my bicycle and had a yard to do that was several blocks away and the Dart was just sitting there doing nothing and dad was at work in the pickup. I knew how to shift since my mom let me do that sitting beside her whenever we went somewhere in her 51 Cranbrook years earilier but never drove behind the wheel with a stick. Anyways, started it up and let out the clutch a bit and backed up in the driveway then went forward. Easy peasy so threw the mower in the trunk and gone. Did that for the next several days and then dad asked me about it. No use in lying lol. He didn't beat me or anything but gave me a good lecture......was 13 at the time and surprised he didn't beat me.

I'm kinda partial to the 63 since it's the first car I ever stole I mean drove by myself. Well, I did take it without permission. Was mowing yards and got tired of dragging the mower along side my bicycle and had a yard to do that was several blocks away and the Dart was just sitting there doing nothing and dad was at work in the pickup. I knew how to shift since my mom let me do that sitting beside her whenever we went somewhere in her 51 Cranbrook years earilier but never drove behind the wheel with a stick. Anyways, started it up and let out the clutch a bit and backed up in the driveway then went forward. Easy peasy so threw the mower in the trunk and gone. Did that for the next several days and then dad asked me about it. No use in lying lol. He didn't beat me or anything but gave me a good lecture......was 13 at the time and surprised he didn't beat me.
haha i think a dart was my first also.. but mine was at like 8 and pretending to drive i took it out of park and it rolled into a boat trailer in front of the car :)

Bad decision???? Hell Cranky I go for at least one per day.
A guy should stay in practice. :drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back