• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone with a Jeep? Looking for the BEST Jeep Forum...

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
My wife just got a 2021 Jeep Gladiator, Willys Edition. The only thing I insisted on was the 3.0 litre Eco-Diesel and the mandatory heavy duty upgraded 8 speed automatic transmission. I knew she was going to use it for towing, our 2005 Hummer H2 has seen its best days in the rear view mirror, and although I want a nice, full size turbo diesel "truck" or SUV with 4 wheel drive, that isn't in the budget, especially since this Jeep was $54K w/TT&L! EEK!
Anyway, I'd like to learn all I can as time permits, so I'm looking to this forum for advice on the BEST Jeep forum, especially for the "new" Gladiator. No off road stuff, just whatever info I can get on upkeep and the best value in optional equipment from Mopar or the aftermarket.
The 2 things at the top of that list are:
Spray in bedliner
A step rail to make it easier to get in and out. It has the "rock slider" rails I'd prefer to keep with the step rail if possible, but if they have to come off to have a step rail, I can sell them on the forum I'm asking advice on anyway.
Thanks.

my daughter has a jeep with the hemi two times now it has blown different cylinders and not under warranty about a year apart

Latest thing I heard about jeeps are, if you drive your new jeep in the mud. It will void your! ! warranty. ? Yes? No?

Women love those Jeeps, my wife’s on her third one, second Willys. Kind of hard for us old fat guys to get in and out of. Hers has been pretty dependable, sure hold their resale value. I think there is a Facebook section for Jeeps that she’s on. Haven’t heard much about the diesels yet, good luck.

300EF69B-4670-426F-9639-FD90BB0DC0D7.jpeg

I've had one for 5 years, but never thought about finding a website :lol:

Thats one vehicle I've never had any desire to own. I've driven a quite a few to include the old M151 Military Jeeps when I was in the 82nd. Definitely durable as we beat the crap out of them, rolled them, etc. Not at all a good road going vehicle (military tires sucked for that). I never liked the interiors and that is important to me plus everyone I know who had a newer one had issues with the tops leaking. I know they have a cult following but I just can't get on board with it, I'd much rather have an actual truck.

Ive had the real Gladiator all 3 version plus had the The Grand Wagoneers and the Cherokee Chief plus had the Jeep trucks up till the last year they made a full size version truck but got rid of all of them but my 3 full size military trucks ,was hoping that they were going to make these but that didn't happened they built junk of a version the real gladiator
jeep_gladiator_1967_pictures_1_b.jpg
the real deal and in hopes for this version
forumrunner_20120818_122753-jpg.jpg
or even this one
maxresdefault.jpg
but they came out with this thing
MY21-Gladiator-Overview-Capability-Feature_Desktop.jpg.image.1440.jpg

pic 3 and 4 is the same truck with a different front clip.

isn't the M151 a ford "mutt", and not a jeep?

pic 3 and 4 is the same truck with a different front clip.

isn't the M151 a ford "mutt", and not a jeep?

Yeah the M151 was designed by Ford but was built by a variety of companies to include AMC. It looked like a Jeep and thats what we called them. I am sure the jeep people all hate them but I will say they could take a a lot of abuse.

It's jeep-y but not the same.

Only reason I know is I built this back in the day-
91BfB2jny6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It's jeep-y but not the same.

Only reason I know is I built this back in the day-
View attachment 1119183
FORD built the first mutt a 151 then kaiser got them and the became AM Generals M 151 A1 and then M151A2 , I had a original Ford M 151 sorry that I let it go but was another military vehicle at that time a M76 Otter

Ive had the real Gladiator all 3 version plus had the The Grand Wagoneers and the Cherokee Chief plus had the Jeep trucks up till the last year they made a full size version truck but got rid of all of them but my 3 full size military trucks ,was hoping that they were going to make these but that didn't happened they built junk of a version the real gladiator View attachment 1119176the real deal and in hopes for this version View attachment 1119177or even this one View attachment 1119178but they came out with this thing
MY21-Gladiator-Overview-Capability-Feature_Desktop.jpg.image.1440.jpg
They were confi.diff.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/ is a good one specific to the gladiator - bunch of info on there.
In the few seconds I had earlier today I did a web search for a weight distribution trailer hitch and found that forum.
May be exactly what I'm looking for in a Jeep forum. THANKS
This is what hers looks like:
3.jpg

68 Cj5 Willys Kaiser "Jeep"
225cid odd-fire Buick Dauntless V6
T-17 (IIRC) 3 speed od, Dana-35 & Dana-44
MoPar burnt Orange
color-coded rino-liner inside the tube
has about 1,500 miles on it now,
literally frame off restoration/modifications

Darrens 68 Jeep CJ5 photos Attachments 225ci Dauntless V6 in Frame 1a.JPG

Darrens 68 Jeep CJ5 photos Attachments 225ci Dauntless V6 in Frame.JPG