• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bats....

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
lol, forgot about this one.....had a bat come into the shop the other night....... damn thing was darting all over the place, I was hiding under a door on a horse for what seemed like 20 minutes.

after a bit, I decided to bust a move and head for the door..... I heard his wings flap as he buzzed past my head, almost broke my neck tripping over stuff..... he managed to find his way out, what an ordeal.

yeah...... I want me some of that, GTFO!

a rat with fangs and wings....... WTF was God smoking when he conjured up such a beast? :fool:

1693222152852.png

maybe I solved the whole Jersey Devil thing?.......it's a giant freaking bat!!!

1693222507509.png

1693222584715.png

Yeah, bats are ugly looking creatures, but most are great to have around. They eat a huge amount of bugs you don't want buzzing around your head, so they are beneficial that way...

...but in the house/ shop? No thanks! Sick Rebel on them!
1693224039744.png

They really won’t bother you. They just come close to everything without hitting anything. I’ve had them get in the house a few times, and was amazed by their acrobatics. They literally fly around with their echo location and eventually find their way out. Birds on the other hand… they smash right into windows… and a lot of other stuff.

Bumble bees are pretty chill as well. I pet them.

Last edited:
lol, forgot about this one.....had a bat come into the shop the other night....... damn thing was darting all over the place, I was hiding under a door on a horse for what seemed like 20 minutes.

after a bit, I decided to bust a move and head for the door..... I heard his wings flap as he buzzed past my head, almost broke my neck tripping over stuff..... he managed to find his way out, what an ordeal.
They are supposed to be endangered and eat a lot of mosquitoes. They don't need to be flying around in my house though. Not supposed to kill them but if they parish during the removal so be it.

Had one in a large room a couple of years ago. 5 windows (two of them skylights) and the slider were open. Thing is flying around trying to get out for a couple hours. He finally got tired so I threw a towel over him and got him outside.

Bats? Really? You’re from NJ! Lol

Yeah, bats are ugly looking creatures, but most are great to have around. They eat a huge amount of bugs you don't want buzzing around your head, so they are beneficial that way...

...but in the house/ shop? No thanks! Sick Rebel on them!
View attachment 1516655

you see all the big trees I'm under, there are probably hundreds of them...... Rebel was on the back step laughing at me from across the yard

Bats freak me out. I have started to think of them as barn swallows that hunt at night. Im 240 lbs and a bat is a few ounces, I think I could take one in a fight. One of the trails that the wife and I hike has bat houses. There are information signs telling the importance of bats. I plan on building a few bat houses over the winter. I have decided I like bats better then mosquitos.
When I was younger I had a Siamese cat that slept in the house all day and at night he wanted to be outside. He would sit on top of my bronco and catch bats as they flew between the house and garage. When I would go outside in the morning I would see the kills he left on my steps.

Timely thread.
I have not had a bat in the house in 8 years.
In the last two weeks I have had 2 bats in the house. Watching TV and something goes swooping around the room.
I always get up and open the outside doors and try to guide the bat outside. I would not doubt if it was the same bat both times. The last one crawled back behind some crap and I gave up trying to get him out. Likely still in the house. Hopefully I won't have mosquitos and flies in the house.

I watch them in the yard just before dark, they are pretty bad ***........ but the shop gets really small when one is inside darting around :mad:
If you’re concerned he’s still in there, that’s the time to leave the door open. Dusk.

Auto Transport Service
Back