• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

best gears in diff

67belvedere/225

Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
in my belvedere i have my 225 slant six running a dodge diplomat rear end with 2.94 gears
im thinking of gear change and the 3.55 gears look great option , or do i go 3.73
i have the stock tranny on it now but come decmember will be pulling engine sending out crank to get the back machined so i can install the 82 diplomat tranyy with high still torque and lock up tranny now if i hold her in 2 nd gear she is raving at 5700 rpm about in 2 nd gear
so im thinking if i go lower i would be all around better.
what you running and how she revs at 70 mph
thanks

Use this to get your mph/rpm where you want it.
Good luck!

I like them round and with all there teeth,

What are you trying for? The OD will effect any choice.

3.55's with 26" tire about 2800 @ 60 mph.
Do you like to run on the highway at that rpm?
Put 4.10's in my car drove 15 miles out and back to a show.
Had enough half way there, they will be changed.

3.55's with 26" tire about 2800 @ 60 mph.
Do you like to run on the highway at that rpm?
Put 4.10's in my car drove 15 miles out and back to a show.
Had enough half way there, they will be changed.

Yeah 4.10's on a 26" tire ain't no joke. I'm running them on a 30" tires and she ain't no freeway cruiser.

I'm running 3.73 on a 440 with 2400 stall and 28 inch tire... it's about the max I would go if you plan on any highway driving, a lot of the streets around my area are 50 mph and while it pulls hard and is not to bad at those speeds, at 65 to 70 mph I think it would be a bit rough for any length of time. Of course I have no idea how it would work out in a slant 6 and we don't know what size tire you have...

Auto Transport Service
Back