• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best looking 60's-70's Mopar muscle car?

Best looking 60's-70's Mopar muscle car?

• 1971 'Cuda

Votes: 23 7.3%
  • 1968 Charger

Votes: 67 21.4%
  • 1970 Roadrunner

Votes: 57 18.2%
  • 1967 GTX

Votes: 21 6.7%
  • 1969 Roadrunner

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • 1969 Charger

Votes: 30 9.6%
  • 1970 Cuda

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • 1968 Dart GTS (OK, not technically a muscle car)

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • 1971 Challenger

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 1969 Superbee

Votes: 45 14.4%

• Total voters

70rr-brian

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Just created a list of the ones I find most appealing. Feel free to vote for one or add one you like the best.

I have to go with the 71 Cuda as my all time favorite. Followed by the 68 Charger.

I'd have to go with the 69 and 70 RR, then the 70 charger

If it had a big block it was a muscle car in my book.
Didn't the 68 Dart have limited option 383s and Hemi's?

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high-performance automobiles.[1] The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines muscle cars as "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving."[2] A large V8 engine is fitted in a 2-door, rear wheel drive, family-style mid-size or full-size car designed for four or more passengers. Sold at an affordable price, muscle cars are intended for mainly street use and occasional drag racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ma Mopar

I voted 68 Charger it's my favorite & I still think it's the best looking car front to back of any car from MaMopar, but I also love any especially 68-70 RR {I'm on #13 RR}, GTX, CHARGER {had an even dozen now}, SUPER BEE, R/T are all in my favorites, then the 67-70 Darts/GTS , then the 67-69 Barracuda's mainly fastbacks, then 70-71 Cuda's & Challengers, then the 70-72 Dusters & Demons, then 71-72 SuperBee/Charger R/T... had a few of all of them, sometimes at the same time too, some not for very long too... most my favorites kind of stop after 1972, but still like them selectively, had allot of 70's-80's Power Wagons, a few Ramchargers & Trail Dusters too... what can I say I'm a car-aholic

I voted 68 Charger it's my favorite & I still think it's the best looking car front to back of any car from MaMopar, but I also love any especially 68-70 RR {I'm on #13 RR}, GTX, CHARGER {had an even dozen now}, SUPER BEE, R/T are all in my favorites, then the 67-70 Darts/GTS , then the 67-69 Barracuda's mainly fastbacks, then 70-71 Cuda's & Challengers, then the 70-72 Dusters & Demons, then 71-72 SuperBee/Charger R/T... had a few of all of them, sometimes at the same time too, some not for very long too... most my favorites kind of stop after 1972, but still like them selectively, had allot of 70's-80's Power Wagons, a few Ramchargers & Trail Dusters too... what can I say I'm a car-aholic

Jesus Bud you go through cars like I go through women.

Why was a 68 RR not on that list, it's probably the 2nd most iconic & true affordable Muscle car ever sold, it was the true base Big Block muscle car, I'm just a little biased thou...

Why was a 68 RR not on that list, it's probably the 2nd most iconic & true affordable Muscle car ever sold, it was the true base Big Block muscle car, I'm just a little biased thou...

Funny how niether of us voted for the 69 RR. Same song, second verse.

Jesus Bud you go through cars like I go through women.

yeah I use to, not much any more, only 2 RR's in the last 13-14 years now, but it supported my muscle car addiction & made a few bucks also, to help offset/pay for my racing addiction too...LOL... buy a car for $500-$1500, even maybe $2500 back in the day, clean it up, drive it, enjoy it for a while & then sell it for a $500-$1000 profit & repeat... all the money just went back into another car, cycle continued...

Runner 68 :iamwithstupid: After my kids mother Lisa died, shortly after the youngest was born... I did that with women too...LOL... not buying & selling... just went thru them, like underwear, until I met my now long time girlfriend Honey, in 2000ish...

yeah I use to, not much any more, only 2 RR's in the last 13-14 years now, but it supported my muscle car addiction & made a few bucks also, to help offset/pay for my racing addiction too...LOL... buy a car for $500-$1500, even maybe $2500 back in the day, clean it up, drive it, enjoy it for a while & then sell it for a $500-$1000 profit & repeat... all the money just went back into another car, cycle continued...

Runner 68 :iamwithstupid: After my kids mother Lisa died, shortly after the youngest was born... I did that with women too...LOL... not buying & selling... just went thru them, like underwear, until I met my now long time girlfriend Honey, in 2000ish...

Just talking smack Bud. I've been with the same woman for 20 years. When I was 20-30, different story. Got it out of my system then got married, she will be the only one unless she leaves me over the RR restoration first. She used the "car or me" line once. Guess what the answer was. Now you know why my "Location" says what is says.

Sorry to hear about your first wife. That has to be tough.

Just talking smack Bud. I've been with the same woman for 20 years. When I was 20-30, different story. Got it out of my system then got married, she will be the only one unless she leaves me over the RR restoration first.

Sorry to hear about your first wife. That has to be tough.

we were actually never married, she was married before, neither of us wanted too, we didn't really need the piece of paper we ere together for so long it was just a legality anyway & I adopted her children from her previous marriage, after she had passed... no need to feel sorry, I've had a damn good life so far.... it was tough raising kids alone, but it's well worth it... I'm still not married, don't think I ever will be... anyway enough of that stuff... back to favorite muscle cars

No brainer here "69 Charger". Tuff call though, I love the Challengers, 67 GTX and all of the second gen Chargers but the 69 grill is what wins it for me but then there's the cool tail lights of the 68.

we were actually never married, she was married before, neither of us wanted too, we didn't really need the piece of paper we ere together for so long it was just a legality anyway & I adopted her children from her previous marriage, after she had passed... no need to feel sorry, I've had a damn good life so far.... it was tough raising kids alone, but it's well worth it... I'm still not married, don't think I ever will be... anyway enough of that stuff... back to favorite muscle cars

Ya, sorry 70rr, slight highjack there.
GO CHALLENGER!

70 Road Runner for me but would have been a tough choice if you had the 68 R/T on the list. Luckily for me I don't have to choose :)

Auto Transport Service
Back