• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bird is all painted

Stucat

Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
Been working on it for over a year now, complete strip to bear metal. rebuild and restore all the parts. To much to list. Did not have to replace any metal. I have owned the bird for like 28 years

IMG-6602 (1).JPG

IMG-6598.JPG

IMG-4340.JPG

IMG-4345.JPG

IMG-4343.JPG

IMG-6360 (4).JPG

That is an awesome looking car. Did Hemi's run a spring inside the upper radiator hose? I thought they only went in the bottom.

Beautiful car and nice work but I think I would have fitted a few items like brake lines in the engine bay before putting that big engine in place.

Nice to see your bird getting a refreshening. Love Lemon twist on a Superbird!

Last edited:
Super cool and sharp yellow coat of paint. What color is the interior going to be?

Thanks to all. Those are old hoses on the engine. Waiting to put the new correct hoses and valve cover's on (boy are the tuff to keep clean) when I get closer to the last steps of assy. Trying to use and restore all the original parts that the Bird with. Likes the alternator, starter carbs ect. Any insight is helpful and not taken as disrespectful. The Bird was changed to electronic ignition b 4 I purchased it.

Stucat please don’t take this as criticism, because the car really looks great.

Minor detail, but the master cylinder reinforcement plate should be black and the wiring retainer at the top should be unpainted. It would be easy to correct at this point, before you start installing more parts on the car.

IMG_4319.jpeg

Pic of a survivor Bird engine compartment

Last edited:
Beautiful car and nice work but I think I would have fitted a few items like brake lines in the engine bay before putting that big engine in place.
All the other stuff too, it's a rough work around. Great car though

Non taken, that's the info I was hoping for, any other help would be great. Gus what do you mean by all the other stuff? Is there more stuff that is wrong? Thanks for all the help and insight. K guess you can't believe what you read ab outg how to restore the engine bay. Nothing like an unrestored car.

20220713_154159.jpg

Mine is not a Hemi or even a 6 barrel, but I'm the second owner and the engine had never been out until my restoration. I have full documentation from start to finish. I've probably forgotten a lot, but with questions I may remember.

Non taken, that's the info I was hoping for, any other help would be great. Gus what do you mean by all the other stuff? Is there more stuff that is wrong? Thanks for all the help and insight. K guess you can't believe what you read ab outg how to restore the engine bay. Nothing like an unrestored car.
What he was relaying was that it would be a lot easier to install all engine compartment components, brake system, wiper motor, etc before plunking that engine in there.

Before going any further. Remove the plate behind the master cylinder and paint it black , please

all ready did, the paint shop noticed that on inspection after they sent me the pics.

Auto Transport Service
Back