• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake issues

Aron Gleason

Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
I have a disc/drum manual master cylinder. I'm told I need a proportioning valve and distribution block. Can I mount either between the master cylinder and line lock? I don't want to have to relocate the line lock.

What’s wrong with the brakes right now, if they work keep driving.

Why aren’t you at the NW nationals Right now?

A proportioning valve limits the amount of pressure to the rear brakes. The front always gets 100 percent. The reason you need a valve is when you have an emergency stop the rear end of the car may end up in the front.

What’s wrong with the brakes right now, if they work keep driving.

Why aren’t you at the NW nationals Right now?
Way too hot to be out there. When I press the brake pedal the brakes will lock up to where I can't even push the car until I lift up on the pedal.

A proportioning valve limits the amount of pressure to the rear brakes. The front always gets 100 percent. The reason you need a valve is when you have an emergency stop the rear end of the car may end up in the front.
I've done a few panic stops with no one around just to see how good it stops. And it's never gave me any problems. In the garage it will lock the brakes to where I can't move it until the pedal is released.

Auto Transport Service
Back