• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C.E. SLIDE-A-LINK

bobtile

Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone run these in their car?
I picked up a set very cheap for my kids Coronet and wanted to know if it was worth putting in.
It's just going to be an entry level bracket car to get him going and then he can do as he wishes when he gets rich.
I have a set of SS springs and viking double adj.rear shocks.

Similar function to caltracs. Should work nice on that setup.

All I've seen is photos
but;
for an entry level car, IMO it can't really hurt it

just keeps the rear springs from wrapping to much
added preload &/or adj. pinion angle, won't hurt much either

good luck

I have the CE slide-a-links along with the SS springs and Viking double adjustable shocks. I was told they wouldn’t work together because they are trying to do opposite jobs, but it is fine. Car runs 10.40s all day long. I adjusted the pass side to 1 turn after contact and driver side to just contact. Kim

interesting, as i looked at CE slid alongs and was told dont waste my money buy caltracs...... now thats all well and good, but my stubbornness takes over and says if i pop my wheels up on ss springs and beat caltrac cars, why would i?
and the awkwardness side of me says get comp eng slides, or lakewood slappers to be even more anti establishment lol

i may very well give these a go if i can get them at reasonable money
thank you

Several of my Chevy buddies have run them. I personally prefer Caltracs and split mono's.

Auto Transport Service
Back