• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling All Pontiac Guys!

MarPar

If it weighs, it pays
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
Gents,
I am looking for a good Pontiac forum for my uncle. He wants to try and re-connect with one of his long-lost loves.

Which one is the most active? And has cool cats like here?

What say ye, o wise venerable members of this forum?

Thank you!
Mar

There was one IIRC, it was Forever Pontiac Forum
online Pontiac Enthusiast Community
https://foreverpontiac.com/

may have been Pontiac Performance,
I can't remember which or both even

I don't post there, but back in the 2000's it was a great source
used to be moderated by a guy that was on Mopar Muscle
talked me into posting there, I was like a frog out of water

I know a little about Pontiacs from my step dad Bob racing them
& owning a few classic Firebirds & Trans Ams (new & old) or GTO's
I think that is the site, but it looks completely different
seems to be active

Maybe @super-bee_ski , or @biomedtechguy
he/they may know of a better 1 too

good luck buddy

Last edited:
PY pontiac forum is the big one...can get a little roudy.

PSP ....pontiac street performance is a smaller forum. Lol its a little safer on PSP then PY

Both have some of the same members....

This is the one that I visit regularly (when I venture into all things "Pontiac")
I had tried a few different ones about 10 years ago when we were looking, and over time, this one seems to have the most activity AND the most knowledgeable people, with decades of hands on experience, and all very actively engaged in the hobby today:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php

Why don't you convince your uncle to buy a mopar instead of a Pontiac, although the gto is a very nice car, is moar or no car, and you know it cabron :thumbsup::lol:

My impression from my times driving and flogging the 421 in our GTO:
Torque monster. Small valves. Lots of fun. WAY more nice comments and interest from spectators than Ford or Chevy.
Suspension makes it feel like I'm driving boxsprings. The factory stock rear suspension is setup for upper and lower control arms, similar to the RMS StreetLynx or Gerst triangulated rear suspension.
20200226_193005.jpg
20200226_193046.jpg
20200223_124308.jpg

I got one hanging around!
There fun this one is getting a twin turbo 4.8 ls motor (not my dime)
I love my old trans ams I've always wanted a goat but $$$$$ this one slipped in awhile ago (brother in law's ) but he wants me to get it street able

KIMG0189.JPG

65 is one of my favorite years.

I've driven a 69 gran prix with a 65 421.
That car would scoot.

There was a 66 roller on local cl about 3 months ago missing motor and had pass side front end damage.
very little rust other than surface from thin paint. Came with replacement fender.
Needed 12" of frame horn straightened. Door alignment was still good.

Are you ready?

$600

It was about 50 miles away and a guy about 2 miles from me ended up with it.
I saw it sitting at his shop about a month ago.

Downright theft!

Same guy has a 65 4D gran prix with that 421. Too nice to rob the engine, though.

Why don't you convince your uncle to buy a mopar instead of a Pontiac, although the gto is a very nice car, is moar or no car, and you know it cabron :thumbsup::lol:

Si si guey, I know. lol

He is looking for his 1977 T/A that he had years ago. Black and gold with a built-to-the-hilt 400 with 11-1 and full roller valvetrain. And he had a custom bird airbrushed on the hood. More bald eagle than phoenix from the sounds of it.

Thanks y'all for the all the suggestions!! I will pass them along. Fingers crossed he actually finds it!!!

Si si guey, I know. lol

He is looking for his 1977 T/A that he had years ago. Black and gold with a built-to-the-hilt 400 with 11-1 and full roller valvetrain. And he had a custom bird airbrushed on the hood. More bald eagle than phoenix from the sounds of it.

Thanks y'all for the all the suggestions!! I will pass them along. Fingers crossed he actually finds it!!!

Now your talking I love those f body's I've had 5 or 6 trans ams a few fire bird s and Camaro s
My best was a 1979 trans am 400 4 speedy top car it was a fairly solid car needed 1)4's I should of kept it ! I miss having a t top car around

For $500. I got this rusted out Formula 400 4-speed back in 1985. It barked the tires in all four gears (which caused broken teeth in the 10 bolt) and was quite smooth on the highway. I really had a lot of fun with it. That was a factory fiberglass hood.
upload_2020-3-12_10-20-8.png

Try the POCI Pontiac Oakland Owners Club International. They have a monthly publication with a large classifieds section in the back.

Auto Transport Service
Back