• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't stand these kind of people

But what I do appreciate is what, and who, this guy may know. Like I said, the toad who comes by just to tell me the Steelers suck may be the guy who's brother has a six pack intake and carbs sitting around the garage and is willing to make a deal because his wife has been nagging him to blah, blah, blah. You can tell me the Steelers or my car sucks all day long if it gets me what I want. :)

I don't care if the guys brother has a free 6 pack, that isn't going to buy him me turning my cheek to insults, I'm not for sale, **** him and anyone who looks like him, or if you prefer **** him and the horse he rode in on, or just **** him...

I don't want to come off as anyone who looks at my car I tell to **** off, not the case, I have been showing cars for a long time and told 3-4 people to screw, out of thousands who I have talked to over the years, I have asked a few not to touch, and I have gave some parents of sticky fingered kids "the eye", but even them occasions I can count on one hand.
Everyone wants leads on parts and good deals, I get that, sure I want a numbers matching restored hemi gtx or charger for $35K, but Im not blowing anyone for it, lol.. I AM ESPECIALLY NOT kissing some douche bags *** on the CHANCE he has parts,lol, think of how stupid that sounds.. Sure be nice to people, I get that, I raised my 2 boys to be respectful, kind, and honest BUT don't take **** from anyone, stand up for your self, don't be pushed around, bullied, or taken advantage of.

The OP has a guy coming to his property on more than one occasion for no positive reason, so why be positive, next time he insults the car, ask him what the **** he keeps stopping by uninvited for? He may apologize and walk away, he may tell you to go **** your self and pull out a gun and shoot you in the face, or he may say "my father had the same car and he died when I was young and I like to look at your car" then you are a dick, lol.. I don't know, but I do know this, its making you uncomfortable, it sucks, and **** HIM...

It may sound extreme but there is always worse, I could be saying next time he comes just start slapping the **** out of him, or come out of the house with a bat and chase him off like raccoons in the garbage cans, but I am just saying, tell him to screw, and anyone else who insults anyones ride, tell them "hey bud, you don't like my car get the **** away from it, I didn't ask for your opinion, go get your face fucked you clown", I think if that happened more, they will be less likely to do it to someone else... think of it as a public service

Reminds me of the *** bags I ran into last night.

I was coming home from work and seen about 12 cars starting to fill in at tonys hot rods and hot dogs diner.

I keep my car about 2 miles from there so I went home changed and fired up the 67.

When I came to the diner it was mostly a corvette club.

I pulled in front of the diner and parked only to have a guy tell me I cant park there.

I ignored him and started to talk to a guy about his SSR and he just ignored me.

Then a guy pulls in with a 32 ford and is revving the crap out of the ill sounding chevy smallblock it had in it......so I got in my car and left.

Not a friendly crowd at all. Kind of into themselves with cookie cutter cars and no mopars so I left.

I know the guys in the Vette club in Jacksonville are like that. There was bunch of them at the inaugural Memorial Day show at the Budweiser plant. They don't talk to much of anyone outside their little group. We also had a group of Mustang owners come to an event I helped put on at Mike Shad Ford for the 2005 Mustang rollout and when I told them I was a Mopar guy they basically told me Mopars suck and walked away. And I just sat there and smiled because I know where a great condition, all-original 1964 1/2 K code Mustang convertible with an original Pony interior, a true Holy Grail car for Mustang guys, is sitting in a garage being used as a sorting table for laundry. They would give their eye teeth for that car, and could probably get it, and they had no idea it was less than 20 miles from where they stood.

That's why I always take time to talk to anyone interested in my car. I just never know who or what they might know. :)

would you walk to a girl showing cleavage and ask if they were for sale? Would you walk up to her and say, "eh there nice but I had better", not really the same thing, plus I notice that a lot o guys go out of there way to not look at the tits, sure a lot of them want to look and some are ignorant perverts that stare and can't help it .

Why does this scene come to mind after reading that statement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkaI0kXVRM

I don't care if the guys brother has a free 6 pack, that isn't going to buy him me turning my cheek to insults, I'm not for sale, **** him and anyone who looks like him, or if you prefer **** him and the horse he rode in on, or just **** him...

I don't want to come off as anyone who looks at my car I tell to **** off, not the case, I have been showing cars for a long time and told 3-4 people to screw, out of thousands who I have talked to over the years, I have asked a few not to touch, and I have gave some parents of sticky fingered kids "the eye", but even them occasions I can count on one hand.
Everyone wants leads on parts and good deals, I get that, sure I want a numbers matching restored hemi gtx or charger for $35K, but Im not blowing anyone for it, lol.. I AM ESPECIALLY NOT kissing some douche bags *** on the CHANCE he has parts,lol, think of how stupid that sounds.. Sure be nice to people, I get that, I raised my 2 boys to be respectful, kind, and honest BUT don't take **** from anyone, stand up for your self, don't be pushed around, bullied, or taken advantage of.

The OP has a guy coming to his property on more than one occasion for no positive reason, so why be positive, next time he insults the car, ask him what the **** he keeps stopping by uninvited for? He may apologize and walk away, he may tell you to go **** your self and pull out a gun and shoot you in the face, or he may say "my father had the same car and he died when I was young and I like to look at your car" then you are a dick, lol.. I don't know, but I do know this, its making you uncomfortable, it sucks, and **** HIM...

It may sound extreme but there is always worse, I could be saying next time he comes just start slapping the **** out of him, or come out of the house with a bat and chase him off like raccoons in the garbage cans, but I am just saying, tell him to screw, and anyone else who insults anyones ride, tell them "hey bud, you don't like my car get the **** away from it, I didn't ask for your opinion, go get your face fucked you clown", I think if that happened more, they will be less likely to do it to someone else... think of it as a public service

Hey, I get it. You're one of those guys who's touchy about their cars. I've known plenty of guys like you. All I'm saying is I've had much better experiences not being a dick to those inquiring about my car.

As to the OP, how do you know there's no positive reason for that guy being interested in his car? What I read was the guy showed up, made some disparaging comments, 74 took offense, and things went down hill from there. All I'm saying is my MO is different. I don't take offense, I look for opportunity, and guys who are interested in my car usually know other car guys, parts sources, junk yards, vendors, and other information I would like to know about. Hell, I drove past the greatest vintage car junkyard I've ever seen for close to ten years and had absolutely no idea it even existed until one of those annoying dudes struck up a conversation with me and he told me about it.

If you want to see a negative in an encounter, be my guest. To me they are always a potential source of information whether they love my car or want to insult it. :)

Hey, I get it. You're one of those guys who's touchy about their cars.

Im touchy about everything, lol.. But again I love people to see my cars and enjoy them BUT I have ZERO patience for anyone looking to insult me or make themselves feel better at my expense, them are douche bags so why would I treat them like anything but?
Most of this BS is fueled by jealousy, a lot of people don't have the patience to spend 20 hours restoring a set of seats, stripping the old seat, taking the frame apart, glass beading every piece, tigging every soft spot and break, grind the wleds clean, powder coating the frame, reassembling everything, soft glassing the foam pads to original size and shape, etc etc etc.. They would rather watch TV. So now you take this guy who spent all the time, dreaming, finding, and building this car and then introduce this douche bag that doesn't know what work is and takes his car to pep boys for oil changes, and you are going to allow him to talk about your work? **** that, like I said I don't car what knowing him could lead to, and most of them guys wouldn't give you the sweat off their wifes tits, even if they did know where a score was they would rather see no one with it.

I stand by my statement, do not let anyone insult your car, that is a part of you, I know mine are a part of me, they are only a few steps behind being family, I have children so I wouldn't call them children because I would give up all the cars for my kids, but they could be like a cousin or pain in the *** nephew. Point is they are a part of my family, you insult my kids or wife and we will be rolling around, I am just saying to tell these people to **** off and screw, just a simple, "thanks for your input, now get the **** away from my car, for I slap the **** out of you" and a wink, say it calm, smile and end it with a wink, simple, they will walk away like "what the **** just happened", or they will take a swing at you, who cares, toss them a beating, if you cant fight, carry a tire iron...

I agree touching the car is unacceptable. I don't have the nuts to be as brash as @seventy. Install a kill switch. When I get asked if my car is for sale, I usually double the normal going price and tell them they can't afford it. If they came with that bag of money I'd fill the tank up and give them the keys.

Can we assume that this Dickwad has never actually shown up in these Concours condition GM products of his?
I'd say he's full of crap ....either that or your local Mental Hospital runs a Day release program :confused3:

Im touchy about everything, lol.. But again I love people to see my cars and enjoy them BUT I have ZERO patience for anyone looking to insult me or make themselves feel better at my expense, them are douche bags so why would I treat them like anything but?
Most of this BS is fueled by jealousy, a lot of people don't have the patience to spend 20 hours restoring a set of seats, stripping the old seat, taking the frame apart, glass beading every piece, tigging every soft spot and break, grind the wleds clean, powder coating the frame, reassembling everything, soft glassing the foam pads to original size and shape, etc etc etc.. They would rather watch TV. So now you take this guy who spent all the time, dreaming, finding, and building this car and then introduce this douche bag that doesn't know what work is and takes his car to pep boys for oil changes, and you are going to allow him to talk about your work? **** that, like I said I don't car what knowing him could lead to, and most of them guys wouldn't give you the sweat off their wifes tits, even if they did know where a score was they would rather see no one with it.

I stand by my statement, do not let anyone insult your car, that is a part of you, I know mine are a part of me, they are only a few steps behind being family, I have children so I wouldn't call them children because I would give up all the cars for my kids, but they could be like a cousin or pain in the *** nephew. Point is they are a part of my family, you insult my kids or wife and we will be rolling around, I am just saying to tell these people to **** off and screw, just a simple, "thanks for your input, now get the **** away from my car, for I slap the **** out of you" and a wink, say it calm, smile and end it with a wink, simple, they will walk away like "what the **** just happened", or they will take a swing at you, who cares, toss them a beating, if you cant fight, carry a tire iron...

Again, if you want to have zero tolerance and get pissed at anyone who insults your car, have at it! More power to you! All I'm saying to 747 is you never know who or what that guy who is insulting your car, or who you perceive is insulting your car, might know. My take is anyone I encounter might be a gold mine for me because, once again, car guys always know other car guys, who know things I don't know, have access to resources I don't know about, etc.

Over the course of 30+ years I've gotten way too much good information, leads, and opportunities from people who might initially tick me off just for being Chevy owners. :) I would much rather have the part I need, or the car I've been looking for, than hurt feelings.

Case in point. 2003, we're living in Maryland and I'm working on a 74 Gran Torino that I want to make in to Starsky & Hutch replica. Parts are a bitch to find, and expensive when I do find them. So I go out hitting all the junkyards and of course as soon as I say "do you have any parts for a nineteen seventy..." I get cut off before I can finish the sentence.

I go to leave one store and a guy says "why are you working on a Torino? Those things are junk! You should get a Chevy." Sure, I could have said "why don't you find a nice Chevy and cram it up your ***!" and walk off, but instead I started telling him it's because I had one of the original S&H replicas in 79 and now my sons are getting older and I wanted to do the old father/son thing with them and they wanted to do a car like Dad used to have. We started swapping car stories and before long he asks me if I checked out the junkyard on RT 6.

Me knowing everything told him "there is no junkyard on RT6. I drive it all the time." He tells me where it is and what it looks like, and me knowing everything again tells him "that's an old closed down repair place. There's no junkyard there." And he calmly tells me to go there and tell the guy in the office what I need and he'll help me out.

Being desperate, I did what this "idiot" told me. I drove to the building, walked through a maze of ripped up old appliances and a couple of 80s compact cars covered in dust, and I find this old guy who asks me what I'm looking for. I said "you wouldn't happen to have any parts for a Gran Torino?" and without a pause he asks "what year and body style?" I said "74 to 76 two-door" and he said "follow me".

What you couldn't see from the road was the shop buildings sat on a top of a long, sloping, hillside, and sitting on that hillside and going for acres was a sea of old cars. He took me down to the Ford section and there sat 11 of the cars I needed. Every part I was looking for plus some I wasn't. He told me to see if he had what I needed, and if so come get him and we would talk price. I wrote up my wish list, took it to the office, he gave me a killer price, and even let me use his parts hauler to bring everything up.

And the only reason I found out about that place was because I treated a dick like a car guy instead of being a dick back. :)

Well some of you guys must be lucky. I always get the ********. Some guy down the street comes to my garage. Starts yakking while I'm trying to work on my car. Tells me all about his MS, his divorce, his dogs, etc. Meanwhile, I'm having a very hard time with what I'm working on. I just wish he would shut up so I can think. He doesn't work, I work full time. I only have a limited amount of time to do what I want. So he stays for a couple hours. Then I go to the cruise spot, and there he is. Starts yakking again. I can't talk to the people I'm with, cause he won't shut up. Next week at the cruise spot he sees me, and starts making a bee line for me. Bear in mind, his nickname is Sasquatch. He's very tall, unshaven, and literally smells like he rolled in dog crap. He wouldn't take a hint, so I started acting like a hyper *** when he was around. Finally he left me alone. Then there's the retired new neighbors, who want to spend my day off yakking at my fence for two hours. I wish I had the nerve to tell these people to piss off.

Last edited:
That's a different breed. He's the ahole neighbor. We all have a couple of those too. :) What we're talking about are the unsolicited car guy types who come by the house or shows or while you're out and about.

Yep, ran into one of those guys this past weekend, was at the bar, hanging out with some friends, and from the patio, I could see my 06 GTO, and this guy heard me talking to someone about it, and came over and interrupted the conversation, asking if it was my car, then proceeded to brag about his racing prowess and said "hey, give me the keys and I will take you out and really show you how to drive that car!". I just laughed and said ok buddy, I've had it for 8 years, I already know how to drive it.

I actually thought about stopping by his car lot (owns a car sales place of some sort) to see these cars but really don't want to make him feel any more welcome. Any other time I wouldn't be like this but this guy really irritates me, when I told him I had enough stuff to do for the wife he rudely says "my wife knows better than to ask me to do anything, I ain't doing ****". Sorry but anybody who thinks like that about their wife is just an *** that I don't care to know.

I work on my car with the garage doors closed, not to keep the dick heads out, but to keep the dick head in.

I actually thought about stopping by his car lot (owns a car sales place of some sort) to see these cars but really don't want to make him feel any more welcome. Any other time I wouldn't be like this but this guy really irritates me, when I told him I had enough stuff to do for the wife he rudely says "my wife knows better than to ask me to do anything, I ain't doing ****". Sorry but anybody who thinks like that about their wife is just an *** that I don't care to know.

The guy owns a car place and you blew him off??? Man, I would have been inviting him in for tea! Nothing better than having a dealer in your rolodex. Folks are always calling them guys up to see if they're interested in buying grandpa's old whatever he left them in the will, and when they say "not interested" the next question is most always "you know anyone who is?", and that's when you want to come to his mind.

I got a lead like that when I was shopping for my Roadrunner. Downside was the "project" car the guy was trying to sell the shop was a pile of parts that at some point in recorded history had once been a car. :)

The guy owns a car place and you blew him off??? Man, I would have been inviting him in for tea! Nothing better than having a dealer in your rolodex. Folks are always calling them guys up to see if they're interested in buying grandpa's old whatever he left them in the will, and when they say "not interested" the next question is most always "you know anyone who is?", and that's when you want to come to his mind.

I got a lead like that when I was shopping for my Roadrunner. Downside was the "project" car the guy was trying to sell the shop was a pile of parts that at some point in recorded history had once been a car. :)

You've got a good point! So what your saying is I should be two faced haha?

I'll be looking for parts for a 75 Torino as well, saw you were building one and your right..... not allot available.

If it were me, I'd just ask this *** hat why he even WANTS your car considering all these supposed "flaws" that he keeps finding. Then again I don't suffer *** hats willingly.

Auto Transport Service
Back