• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger Jack solution

69ChargerR/TSE

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
I wanted a factory Jack, but this works out better.
The Jack handle loop and the Jack handle prevent it from moving.
I’ll add a bungee around the handle as added security.

I’ll repaint it to match my car.
Just wanted to give others an option.

Let me know what y’all think.

IMG_2915.jpeg

IMG_2916.jpeg

IMG_2917.jpeg

I like it. A guy should d fab up some mounting brackets for something like that during the restoration process. I have a bumper jack that I don’t even keep in the trunk for obvious reasons.

Good choice, as all are aware, the factory bumpers are not really good jacking places.

After spending $750.00 to have my bumpers re-chromed, Since I am not a numbers guy, I decided there would be no overpriced factory style bumper jack ever touching my bumpers. I took a scissor jack out of a wrecked Jeep Grand Cherokee or something. (don't remember) It sits in the original bracket behind my trunk mounted battery. It is not bolted or tied down but never moves and I hope I never need to use it but it is there if I need it just like the spare. I did test it once to see if it would go up high enough to get the job done and it did. I did think about the small floor jack but the one I have is way heavier than the one you got so I went with the scissor instead. Here are a couple pics of mine.

100_1187.JPG

100_1190.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back