• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Industries on a Diet?

Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
Just got my Catalog M224X and it is looking much leaner than the previous M222. It looks like every section has been trimmed down to fighting weight. I'm not sure if there is actually less stuff in it yet?

Maybe they finally got the hint and stopped publishing items they don't, and never will, have available....That would reduce the size of their catalog quite a bit!

I haven't bought a thing from Classic for many years now. There are way better places to buy parts for our old Mopars than them imo.

Classic Industries is similar to Year One - they are a volume buyer from multiple small reproduction shops or mfg's that are contracted to do a "run". There is no where near enough volume to keep any supplier in business for old cars if parts were constantly being produced. Plus, they likely get taxed on inventory. If a part has slow sales, they won't make more untill that can sell a pile. So a run of say, engine pie tins, has 1100 to Classic, 1200 to YO, 700 to Layson's then that's it. They stamped out 2000 and on to the next widget. Not true in all cases of course, but more often than not I'd suspect.

Overall, I have been very happy with my dealings with CI. Order takers have generally been very helpful and the parts have been excellent. They have some stuff that no one else has. Restoring a '64 Polara is much harder to do than,say, a 69 RoadRunner, or 71 'Cuda because of available repro parts. Try finding a new a new headliner for a 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop! These were the only guys that had one in their catalogue.

I have only bought from Classic once, and I am happy with what I got....although it was 13 years ago now.
The fuel cap has a lot of very small pock marks now.....but I am not worried about it - I'm growing the patina slowly. :lol:

Little Red Wagon fuel cap.jpg

They have been good to me as well. Year One racked up some stiff shipping charges since they were in Georgia and I’m in California.

They have chewed on my wallet like a starved animal,I doubt they are on a diet! Lol

I have bought several things from Classic, all purchases have gone smoothly

You’re correct, our catalogs have gotten a little thinner. But that doesn’t mean our product selection has thinned out. As with everything else, printing and mailing costs have been going up, and in an effort to continue offering the free catalogs that our industry has grown to love, we’ve condensed some of the catalog pages to reduce the costs of printing and postage.

While our catalogs are a little lighter, it’s worth mentioning that our website has been expanded to include many more items that are not listed on paper. And, we have the largest in-stock ratio of parts than any other company out there.

So no, there are not less parts, just less pages. We’re glad that you received our latest catalog, and if anyone else needs one, you’re welcome to send me a DM and we’ll get one sent out for you.

Sincerely,
Gabe Flores
Brand Manager

Auto Transport Service
Back