• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coming to America....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfaitalia

Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
....no, not the quite humorous Eddie Murphy film....but me. Pretty stoked as the only time I've been that side of the pond is a holiday to Barbados in about 1990! I'm going to Jackson Center, Ohio (yes I had to Google where that was) to see the Airstream Factory. I will be there about a week....not sure when yet....Im not going to go all the time I have to lockdown for two weeks when I get back or when Im really busy...so probably the Autumn.
Anyway....anything interesting to around there?...Classic US car wise....or does anyone live there who might want to talk cars over a beer......my boss is paying!! Really looking forward to it. We will have trips sorted to NY and Washington too apparently. Cant wait.....

Cars? You like cars? Check this out...1 million people/cars in the Detroit area for one weekend. You'll see vehicles that you'll probably never see again. I was born and lived one block from Woodward, and had some of the best times of my life hanging out there with car people. If you can, you should go. (Unless they cancel it because of COVID, but I don't think so)
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

That's 2 hours west of me in what I call the flat lands. If you venture East let me know, I'd invite you over for a visit in the beautiful Appalachia area of Ohio.

As far as things to do that would depend on your interest, Ohio isn't known for one single thing really other than the Amish lol but is well rounded. Hunting, offroading (UTV's, dirt bikes, quads, etc), muscle cars, boating, fishing, racing, etc are all very common activities around here but no Grand Canyons or anything spectacular to view. There's a very impressive Air Force museum in Dayton, Hocking Hills is a cool place to go hiking especially if you do the zip lines but most big car shows wrap up before September. The Goodguys car show comes through in July, the Mopar Nationals are usually in August but after that it's mostly the smaller shows but even they can be pretty big.

Last edited:
I agree on the USAF museum.

But be warned, you can easily spend an entire day there and not see everything.

...and if you like roller coasters-

Kings Island near Cincinnati has several bad *** coasters including the longest, tallest, fastest wooden coaster in the world.

Again, you can spend the whole day and possibly not see/ride everything.

...and if you go the AF museum, stop at the sandwich stand near the gate at the long entrance road and get the fries.

BEST EVER!

I really hope you enjoy your trip.
If it is near fall / autumn things may be much better covid wise due to vaccines ect.
Glad your getting a chance to come over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can all agree that people from different countries will never see eye to eye on a lot of things, I'm looking at this as more of an opportunity for Alf to actually see what America is, who the people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back