• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cuda value

Hey guys, I’ve got an opportunity. A guy in Utah I’m buddies with gave me a lead on 1970 Plymouth Cuda 440 six pack shaker hood 4-speed Dana 60 super track pack car. Old lady’s husband died and I could get it for 15k it is rusty but holy **** it’s an all original 1 owner with vin, fender tag, and build sheet in the car. Interior is all there. I have the first dibs on it but curious if I flip it, what are the numbers going for those cars?

Roundtrip airfare from John Wayne airport to Salt Lake City (for example) is less than $200 on Delta airlines.

What are you waiting for?:D

You better grab that one while you can, real shaker hood Cudas don't come along very often! View attachment 950257
There is one just like that in a garage up here and it has sat for as long as I can remember. Up on blocks. Owner bought new , drove it abit and just parked it. It still has the original bias ply tires on it.

go get it as soon as possible
as long as it isn't a spaghetti strainer for a body

far worse have been built

I doubt there's still 800-1000 of the org 1500 built that are org.
& even less 1 owner

once you buy it, it's no longer 1 owner car either
it becomes a flipped/restored car

if you have the cash, it should be a good investment
it may be a $$$ pit too, you know all too well
"the rust you see isn't usually the problem,
it's all that damn rust, you don't/can't see"

you could make a profit without touching it probably
If it's as described & it's real not something
someone made to appear to be

if you restore cars for a living & know E-bodies
you should know all that already too

done right with the right options it's a near
or a 6 figure car, professionally done, a quality build
with real quality NOS & real org. parts

it could be a $$$ pit too
If you do most the work your self, it's a no brainer
If you're paying staff to build/restore it, a different tale/margin

I'd assume that;
you doing/restoring these cars before, you should know all that too

good luck

go get it as soon as possible
as long as it isn't a spaghetti strainer for a body

far worse have been built

I doubt there's still 800-1000 of the org 1500 built that are org.
& even less 1 owner

once you buy it, it's no longer 1 owner car either
it becomes a flipped/restored car

if you have the cash, it should be a good investment
it may be a $$$ pit too, you know all too well
"the rust you see isn't usually the problem,
it's all that damn rust, you don't/can't see"

you could make a profit without touching it probably
If it's as described & it's real not something
someone made to appear to be

if you restore cars for a living & know E-bodies
you should know all that already too

done right with the right options it's a near
or a 6 figure car, professionally done, a quality build
with real quality NOS & real org. parts

it could be a $$$ pit too
If you do most the work your self, it's a no brainer
If you're paying staff to build/restore it, a different tale/margin

I'd assume that;
you doing/restoring these cars before, you should know all that too

good luck
Yeah I build a lot of mopars for myself or customers of mine. My buddy who gave me the lead is meeting up with her next week and will be sending tons of photos. I’ll make sure to post once I get them. Built a few Cuda’s before. But I built them, never owned or flipped them.

More talk:blah:
:rolleyes:

Go meet her with your friend. Bring money. Go home happy.:)

Hey guys, I’ve got an opportunity. A guy in Utah I’m buddies with gave me a lead on 1970 Plymouth Cuda 440 six pack shaker hood 4-speed Dana 60 super track pack car. Old lady’s husband died and I could get it for 15k it is rusty but holy **** it’s an all original 1 owner with vin, fender tag, and build sheet in the car. Interior is all there. I have the first dibs on it but curious if I flip it, what are the numbers going for those cars?
Who convinced the old lady her rusty Six Barrel Cuda is only worth $15K? The Grease Monkey Garage Rawlings guy will beat you to it and grab it for $5K if you don’t go get it now! He has probably already read this thread and sent his crew up there to snatch it up!

Why didn’t your buddy already buy it?

Who convinced the old lady her rusty Six Barrel Cuda is only worth $15K? The Grease Monkey Garage Rawlings guy will beat you to it and grab it for $5K if you don’t go get it now! He has probably already read this thread and sent his crew up there to snatch it up!

Why didn’t your buddy already buy it?
He’s neck deep in two chargers. A 66 and 67. He gave me the lead. No one knows about her and the Cuda but him. Rawlings greasy palms won’t touch this one or know what part of Utah it’s in.

You are typing this from her driveway, correct?

I see smoke from alberta here and its lingering from south of the border. To be honest I own a 66 . If a Cuda was thrown my way , I would put the 66 aside.

Last edited:
maybe i missed it but what color was the car again?
and,if i had the opportunity like this and the loot,id already be taking that $200 flight.......

once when i was much younger,i made a deal to buy an amc hornet 360 car,slightly rare,nonrunning.
i went over there looked at it and Worked on it for around 15 mins and got it running.
next day,the car was not for sale anymore,and within a week he sold it for ? to someone else.
from then on,when i saw a deal,i jumped on it Quick,bought it as is and got them home as quick as possible.

the OP-s story sounds long and dragged out and stories like this usually end in " someone else got it first "

IF this is a real thing, I'd like to see the widow compensated fairly.
Just the way I was raised, I guess.

You really need to understand at least the VIN, it has to have a V in it; lots of cars have been assembled over the years especially when a donor was available (I built a lot of them myself) and a G car could be made into a V car pretty easily. While it would still be a cool car, it is not going to be the big money car you are looking for if it was a 318 or /6 car essentially rebodied into a 6 pack car. The VIN should be something like BS23V0xxxxxxxx

You really should be there with cash in hand.

Auto Transport Service
Back