• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cuda value

i think what I hear is. There is a chance to score a great deal on a car if it is legitimate from a widow who doesn’t know values. Everyone has their own morals and standards. Each to their own.
I have helped people sell stuff and given advice, some have offered to give me a token for the help and some not, but I enjoy the hobby.

i think what I hear is. There is a chance to score a great deal on a car if it is legitimate from a widow who doesn’t know values. Everyone has their own morals and standards. Each to their own.
I have helped people sell stuff and given advice, some have offered to give me a token for the help and some not, but I enjoy the hobby.
So the price is what my buddy said she was wanting for it. And you’re telling me that if you had the chance you wouldn’t take it? Let’s say, same situation with you. But it was a triple black 71 4-speed HEMI Cuda. Same price. Widow just didn’t want it anymore. Had all original paperwork. Would you do it?

why not send your buddy over there with 7 grand,and if he deems the car rightous,
theres the deposit till you can make the final details work out?
have him get a receipt and keys etc.,pics of the vin etc etc.

a car like this,i would have my customer on the phone With me as i inspected it,
and showing him the video of the walkaround as its happening.

of course,a car like this,id have a trailer there and probably be getting it out/off the ground same day....

So the price is what my buddy said she was wanting for it. And you’re telling me that if you had the chance you wouldn’t take it? Let’s say, same situation with you. But it was a triple black 71 4-speed HEMI Cuda. Same price. Widow just didn’t want it anymore. Had all original paperwork. Would you do it?
You asked what I would do. If this seemed to be a average family, I would offer her more for the car. If it appeared to be an extremely wealthy family and she just didn’t care about the car, I would pay the asking price and walk away happy.
If the main plan was to flip it and make a extremely high percentage of money, then I would pay more.
I am now in the process of helping someone sell cars after her husband passed away.
Example someone can get a 71 Imperial 2 dr http running car, needs paint and body 3000.00 Canadian. Another 68 Imperial convertible had about 11,000.00 Canadian spent on it including purchase price. Sound running car lots of mechanical work and new top 5 years ago, would like to get 6900.00 for it.
Having worked in a health care related field, somewhat changed my attitude about life, hope I didn’t hi jack anything.

Guess it comes down to morals, I am not saying you are doing anything wrong nor am I judging you. That said, I guess I would say this, if this was your mother or grandmother how would you want someone to treat her? Value is always relative but if this was a $30K (median retail given the condition currently) and you could get it for $10K because she just doesn't know, isn't internet savy. etc. I would say you are taking advantage of her, however if it is $20K car and you are paying $15K well then you are probably good. Obviously she isn't going to get out there and advertise it and sell it, so your efforts are worth something, but at the same time if you are basically presenting this as doing her a favor and taking away an "old car" knowing full well what it is worth, then I think it is wrong. Not saying not to do it or even that I wouldn't, but its something to think about.

I would offer this suggestion for whatever it is worth (most likely nothing); once you confirm the car is what it is thought to be, access the condition, talk to her and tell her that these old cars have become desirable. Give her a fair price (whatever that is in your head), if you end up with the holy grail and sell it for stupid cash, go back to her and give her some of it as a thanks. If on the other hand, you get it because you have buck fever and then get it home and discover it is not what you thought it was, well thats on you.. In the end, its your deal and more than one person here wishes it was them in your shoes. I know I certainly would love to find a 6 pack or Hemi car long forgotten and be able to afford it.

I got room here and time to run down if you dont. I also have enough to pay in full for the title and car if you dont.

Guess price is relative, not saying its bad or good but certainly more than I would ever pay. These are no longer cars, they have become investments and for that money I would go an buy a Hellcat or something. Yes I know I am going to get slammed here by people citing all sorts of auction results, median value, etc. but in the end these are just cars, old cars at that and investments are only valuable when people are willing to pay it, and obviously some people are, just seems like a lot of money to sit in a garage and be looked at.

Muscle cars are the victims of their own success. Back in the 90s, when I bought mine, these were just really, really old cars that most people couldn't understand why anyone would want to buy. Now everyone and their poodle wants to buy or at least understands that these old cars are worth money. I think its tragic because it keeps people from either getting into the hobby or staying in it because it's become a very rich man's game. I think the only benefit to muscle cars becoming valuable is the aftermarket support.

Money no object, I'd rather own a 69 Charger R/T than a 2020 Charget hellcat, but at the price that 69 could be going for, depending on equipment and options, like it was said above I'd rather own the Charger Hellcat; I still cant believe the prices the classics and anything associated with them goes for on the market...

Muscle cars are the victims of their own success. Back in the 90s, when I bought mine, these were just really, really old cars that most people couldn't understand why anyone would want to buy. Now everyone and their poodle wants to buy or at least understands that these old cars are worth money. I think its tragic because it keeps people from either getting into the hobby or staying in it because it's become a very rich man's game. I think the only benefit to muscle cars becoming valuable is the aftermarket support.

Money no object, I'd rather own a 69 Charger R/T than a 2020 Charget hellcat, but at the price that 69 could be going for, depending on equipment and options, like it was said above I'd rather own the Charger Hellcat; I still cant believe the prices the classics and anything associated with them goes for on the market...

at the prices of either one. I would have to borrow against my house to buy . Not worth it. No thanks.

I can’t next week. He’s visiting her and taking pictures of it for me next week for me. I can’t get off work.
Anything you can share with us?

tenor.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back