• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Uncle Tony just solve the GenIII cam issue?

It was a great video. Most of Tony's stuff is.
Always disliked the g3 hemi... They should have kept developing the Magnum.

I was thinking he did just saw the video this AM. He’s great.

But oiling methodology must have been thought through by many engineers. I have a hard time believing they didn’t parametric model this and examine the flow dynamics carefully. Thats standard practice. If you design the block and assembly in Solid Works you can model quite a bit and measure and visualize flow.

There is nothing wrong with the engineering. The problem was with the bean counters. Lowest bidder probably got the contract for the lifters. GM has similar issues

I have 347,000 miles on mine. I do a LOT of commuting for work.
Well, I used to. I won't anymore. To heck with that!
2007 Ram 1.jpg

Well so much for any thoughts of ever using one of those motors in any car of mine !!!

Can't you simply put lifters with a small .040 edm hole to oil the cam and rollers. There are sure a lot of high mile motors with no issues, but have seen a few.

There is nothing wrong with the engineering. The problem was with the bean counters. Lowest bidder probably got the contract for the lifters. GM has similar issues

Did you see the lifters that came out? The wear pattern?

I dont know the architecture of the LS...similar?

Last edited:
Only 5k on my 6.4 scat, if it only makes it 100,000 k it is still worth it, what a car for the money. I bet a 440 that makes about 500 hp will never go that far, roller lifters fail in them too. I was actually impressed the cam could wear that bad and still run, not fail and destroy the engine.

here's "I assume" the video being discussed

I don't really follow either of these internet guys
here's another video not Uncle Tony

I don't know either of the below posters either
or condone or even endorse or even necessarily agree
with any of them below or above either,
videos are posted here just for your viewing pleasure
for some context of the gen 3 Hemi 5.7 (& others) cam & lifter problems

discussing the gen 3 Hemi cam & lifter problems too

another video on it

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service