• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do your cars have a names?

SteveSS

Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
I've never been one for giving my cars names. Maybe I'm just not creative enough. The closest we ever came was for the 1981 Dodge Ram 50. Really a Mitsubishi. It's in really great shape, its black paint is shiny and it's finally getting some attention for being how old it is and how good of shape it's in. 15 years ago we called it the "Little Black Truck." or the "Ugly Little Black Truck." I remember my daughter was horrified when Grandpa picked her up from high school in it 15 years ago.

Do you have names for your vehicles?

Of course ! Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler... But seriously, I've called many cars names over the years, mine and others... you should hear what "name" I'd call them everytime I'd busted a knuckle, gouged my hands, burnt my skin, crushed a finger, dented my head, and hurt myself in ways never thought possible. :lol: My names would fill a Jeopardy category "Deviant Vulgarities"

You shouldn't hear what I call my box truck, when I realize I've gone to the door that SHOULD be open, but is locked. No remote to open it, and no keyhole to open it with a key! Just walk around to the other door..... AGAIN!!!
Every other vehicle with electric door locks, unlocks the doors when you put it in park. This pos Ford unlocks the driver's side (that you CAN open with a key, or the punch code) but doesn't unlock the door that you CANT unlock with a key.
Sorry, rant over. But bitching about it feels good!

For the topic of the thread, only one really has/had a name. My 55 chevy had JUD as part of the plate, so, of course, it's JUDD.

Most of my vehicles have had names. Jessica, Violet, Lady Boz, Uncle Mel, Louise, Lady finger, Butterkup, Lady Vee and plenty more. Vehicles are similar to people in that each has its own unique characteristics and personality. Just my opinion and experience and that’s all.

Do your cars have a names?​

Hell yeah...I have named several cars.
In 2005, I named this "Old Shitty":

IMG_1459.JPG

2007, I named this one "The Roach".

IMG_1439.JPG

2013, this was "NEW Old Shitty".

NOS 2.JPG

Sometimes I call this the "Dee-Rat" (DART)

Dart blue 1.jpg

Now we have "Ginger"...

01 Gger.JPG

Some may remember "Jigsaw":

2 XH H (2).jpg

A friend of mine had the l-o-n-g-e-s-t name for his car. I actually heard him call it by name. He said: "Mothafukincoksukinpeesashitsumbitchbastiddamyoo" . Not sure what language it was, I do know he was in pain at the time.

If you name it then you'll get attached to it. do yourself a favor, don't name your strays.

Only once did I name one of my cars, which was "Gladys Zeke". I knew it was right by her name tag in the engine bay.

My Apache is “El Camion Verde” because the green truck sounds much cooler in Spanish…

I do talk to my cars but I don't give them names.

My wife calls the Dakota R/T "Bad Penny" (it's copper colored and sounds mean, plus it has a double meaning and I like that sort of thing).

My Caddy CTS-V is Maddy, the Volkswagen Jetta is Gretta, and the Toyota Tacoma (now sold) was Ramona.

I named only two - my second and current GTXs, both occupied a significant place in my life, way beyond the others. "Baby Blue," my blue on blue '68, I owned from 1983-91, and 2013-21, and the "Demonstrator," the current occupant, that I test drove in 1970, when it was still a factory Y13 dealer demonstrator owned by the local Plymouth dealer in State College, PA.
BB 1991 (2).jpg
IMG_0101 (2).JPG

Last edited:
I'm also not one for naming my vehicles except for the Subaru my mother gave me when she quit driving. I call it Gump. As in Forester Gump.

The silver car, Mom's car, Krusty, and don't really have any names for the Prowler, Sundance/Duster, or Gremlin. My daily is the Minivan-halen. My dually is just the dually.

Yes,I’ve named one car myself and my daughter named the others so far. My 65 Dart I named Rosie, my Volvo wagon is Ruby and my Audi S3 is root beer. I’ve got 3 other vehicles without names yet.
IMG_7093.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes I’ve named one car myself and my daughter named the others so far. My 65 Dart I named Rosie, my Volvo wagon is Ruby and my Audi S3 is root beer. I’ve got 3 others without names yet.
View attachment 1515113

Well that one looks like a 'Sara'. Are the other two boys or girls?

Wait, did I read that right?

Auto Transport Service
Back