• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dome light not working

paul1969cars

Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Im putting 69 charger back together. Door switches are in. Dome light not coming on. Blub is good. Is there maybe a fuse for this? I did have car completly apart dont know if I missed something. Door switches are both on a yellow wire that goes into under dash harness

Check for power at dome light as this turned on with ground at door switch also the correct bulb as must ground through the base connection not the socket

Had lots of switches over the years that didn't want to do their job. Both left and right sides ain't working?

If your car has been repainted, run appropriate pipe tap through door switch hole to remove paint and restore ground.

Do your dome lights work with key ON? Make sure your dome light circuit is wired to constant 12v. power. Usually comes off cigar lighter stud.

Do your dome lights work with key ON? Make sure your dome light circuit is wired to constant 12v. power. Usually comes off cigar lighter stud.
The dome
Light gets plugged into a harness in driver side kick panel

Both door switches are on yellow wires that go into wiring harness as wel

Is there a fuse for some light I’m missed possibly

Thanks

Door switch IS the ground....power is always at the bulb. Simple meter check...
Agreed
Simple check...... Remove dome bulb (single element, dual contact). There SHOULD be 2 contacts in the socket. 1 should be hot at all times. That is the pink wire, if I remember correctly. The other contact is ground (yellow). If the pink wire isn't hot, or the yellow isn't grounded (door open) then ....happy hunting.

Auto Transport Service
Back